autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Piece of Junk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Piece of Junk

my porter cable works fine but i only use it for light compounding and finishing, being a DA i wouldnt try to use it to correct severe paint damage because thats not the intended purpose for a DA, theyre meant to produce a better final gloss than what can be achieved with a rotary, so if youre using the pc for a lot of compounding,(im assuming you would be using more downward pressure), then the spindle is under more stress and will wear out and fail quicker, my next buffer will more than likely be the makita bo6040

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Show me anywhere on the box or a written warranty that says that the polisher has a lifetime warranty.

ZOOM and ENHANCE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by y8s View Post

ZOOM and ENHANCE!

It maybe on the newer boxes, but not on mine.

Post Thanks / Like

It maybe on the newer boxes, but not on mine.
    It doesn't read like a typical "register your product" type of warranty, but the expression of that guarantee is still considered a legal contract by Griot's that you will be satisfied or they will replace or refund (within 180 days) as necessary.

In essence, if you had a Griot's 6" and it failed on you, then you could call them up and say "screw this junk, I want my money back!" and they would be obligated to provide a refund per their guarantee. If it is beyond 180 days, they'd probably just replace it.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't read like a typical "register your product" type of warranty, but the expression of that guarantee is still considered a legal contract by Griot's that you will be satisfied or they will replace or refund (within 180 days) as necessary.

In essence, if you had a Griot's 6" and it failed on you, then you could call them up and say "screw this junk, I want my money back!" and they would be obligated to provide a refund per their guarantee. If it is beyond 180 days, they'd probably just replace it.
    Read my post #60.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cplchris View Post
    my porter cable works fine but i only use it for light compounding and finishing, being a DA i wouldnt try to use it to correct severe paint damage because thats not the intended purpose for a DA, theyre meant to produce a better final gloss than what can be achieved with a rotary, so if youre using the pc for a lot of compounding,(im assuming you would be using more downward pressure), then the spindle is under more stress and will wear out and fail quicker, my next buffer will more than likely be the makita bo6040
    I have multiple brands of da's and feel confident to tackle most any severe correction up to and includind a full wet sand. Today more and more products are being produced to support the da for this purpose. With the mf pads and heavy cut compounds available they are starting to replace the rotary in many many detailing shops everywhere. As for da breakage , I have yet to see a man made machine that won't break sometime. IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Read my post #60.
    You want the piece of paper that requires your personal info? I dont see how it gives you any additional value.

Post Thanks / Like

You want the piece of paper that requires your personal info? I dont see how it gives you any additional value.
    You just don't get it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You just don't get it!!!
    Here's your post #60:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer
    You mean you never heard of a unconditional warranty? I have bought many power tools in my long lifetime and there is always a warranty card with the product. Hell even a cheap $10.00 clock has a warranty card. This is the only time that I have to go to a website and print out a warranty.
    I'm saying that there is no "card". You call them and say you want to return the item. Those cards mean nothing. You can usually register without touching the card--if you need to--just need the item's serial number. Those cards get you on a mailing list in case of product recalls or for advertising. There is NO REQUIREMENT to send in the card to have a full warranty!

The real guarantee requirement for Griots appears to be ONLY that you have the item and you're dissatisfied.

What do I not get?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213