autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Piece of Junk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Piece of Junk

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    You are mistaken, it's completely removable just like the PC.
    I would definitely buy it if it has a Lifetime Warranty because you guys might laugh at me but I like Meguiar's stuff.

So, does it have a Lifetime Warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeTrol42 View Post
    I would definitely buy it if it has a Lifetime Warranty because you guys might laugh at me but I like Meguiar's stuff.

So, does it have a Lifetime Warranty?
    Im not going to laugh at you. I love Meguiars products as well. No one offers a more complete lineup of products than Meguiars.

As for the warranty on the G110 I thought it was a one year warranty but I could be wrong. I do have the V2 and love it. Im thinking about getting a second polisher as well so I have a back up if one stops on me but im undecided if I want another G110 or a Griots.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do the Cyclos get no love?? Made in the USA. They say they run for 50 years. Very user friendly. They do a nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Im not going to laugh at you. I love Meguiars products as well. No one offers a more complete lineup of products than Meguiars.

As for the warranty on the G110 I thought it was a one year warranty but I could be wrong. I do have the V2 and love it. Im thinking about getting a second polisher as well so I have a back up if one stops on me but im undecided if I want another G110 or a Griots.
    I like the idea of a Lifetime Warranty so I'm going with the Griot's.

Let me describe what had happened as this may help some of you. I was using it a few month's ago when I noticed it was vibrating more than usual and it was making a metal on metal noise. I pulled the backing plate and noticed the edge of the weight was scraping the wall of the chassis. Also, there were metal flakes due to this. It was then I also noticed that the whole spindle was wobbly. I was able to finish the job though.

The funny thing is I used it a month after that and the spindle wasn't wobbly anymore. It fixed itself and worked great that time I used it.

But today, I noticed the spindle was wobbly but since I finished the job that one time, I thought I could finish this one. Well that wasn't the case because when I turned it on, it was vibrating A LOT. Then as I just finished the trunk, the pad and that whole assembly just fell off and then I saw something fly off.

Anyways, if your polisher has a wobbly spindle, then it's bound to break on you. And once again, I'm super surprised at how skinny that spindle is on a 7424.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    Why do the Cyclos get no love?? Made in the USA. They say they run for 50 years. Very user friendly. They do a nice job.
    I could see getting one of those if you detail cars for a living but for the weekend detailer, $300 bucks is a big investment for something you're not going to use all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Im thinking I should go with the Griots. Something new to try out. Besides the extra power will be nice to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeTrol42 View Post
    I could see getting one of those if you detail cars for a living but for the weekend detailer, $300 bucks is a big investment for something you're not going to use all the time.
    For me if im going to shell out that kind of money I will fork out a bit more for a quality German made tool and pick up the 3403.

Now if only Flex would make a traditional D/A. Wouldnt that be great?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    For me if im going to shell out that kind of money I will fork out a bit more for a quality German made tool and pick up the 3403.

Now if only Flex would make a traditional D/A. Wouldnt that be great?
    Hey, I thought you said these were made in the USA.

Anyways, it's a nice looking polisher but I don't do this enough to invest in something like that.

I would however pay up to $160 bucks for a DA that was made in the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

If mine last me 5-10 years I will be more than happy. It's not like you are going out and spending $125 every two years.

Also the fact that the machine was having problems and you kept on using it was probably why it broke. It's like ignoring a dummy light on your dash that is saying your coolant is low or something and you keep on driving, and then bang.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    If mine last me 5-10 years I will be more than happy. It's not like you are going out and spending $125 every two years.

Also the fact that the machine was having problems and you kept on using it was probably why it broke. It's like ignoring a dummy light on your dash that is saying your coolant is low or something and you keep on driving, and then bang.
    Get real dude, if I've only used it like 10 times, I'd expect it to last regardless of how old it is. Maybe that spindle rusted. Should I have kept the unit in a vacuum sealed bag?

Also, what was I supposed to do? I didn't know what the problem was in the first place. Now I do and now I know not to buy these pieces of crap anymore since I'm not the only person that this has happened to.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast