autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Piece of Junk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Piece of Junk

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Griots does warrantee their DA for life, but its not like they just send you a new one when it breaks. The turnaround time could be weeks from what I have heard.
    I had a Griot 3" go bad. Griots just sent me a new one within a couple of days along with a return label for the defective one.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

I have several PC's (one almost 10 years old) and I use them almost everyday without fail. I would think you should give them another chance. I'm thinking you got one from a bad batch or it was user error.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I had problems with the Meg. and a lot of people said the PC was the most durable. I got the new XP model. I was considering the Griots because of the power...but a lot of people said if you have the Griots you want to have a backup. They do have a lifetime warranty...but that doesn't do you much good when your half way through a car and it breaks.
    It does me no good that my Porter Cable broke on me today as I had just finished the trunk with a Yellow Pad and Menzerna Power Gloss. Luckily, the trunk wasn't all hazy. I slapped on a coat of wax on the whole car and my friend said his car looked great in the sun but I spent just an hour to tape up all the plastic, door and window seals. That itself takes me an hour.

Now I have to order a new polisher, get the car back, re-wash it, well you guys get the idea.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

look like i'm going to need to buy a spare, would hate for my trusty PC to break on me during a detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    I have several PC's (one almost 10 years old) and I use them almost everyday without fail. I would think you should give them another chance. I'm thinking you got one from a bad batch or it was user error.
    Then I run the risk of busting on me in 5 or 10 years and then I have to spend another $130 bucks to get a new one.

No Thanks.

And I'm not the only one this happens to. I've seen two 7424s that broke in the same spot on this forum. I'm willing to bet that there's more people this has happened to that we don't get to hear about.

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's stand behind their products. I had one of their polishers fail and they replaced it with a new one. Doesn't get any better than that.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    I had a Griot 3" go bad. Griots just sent me a new one within a couple of days along with a return label for the defective one.
    Thanks for this comment. This gives me way more confidence.

Also, I figure Griot's Garage is a well known company and it wouldn't do their reputation any good if it took weeks to get a new unit.

Also, I don't care if I get a refurbished unit as a replacement, just as long as I don't have to shell out $130 bucks again.

And one last thing, the Griot's Garage has a better handle because it gives you getter leverage and a better ability to keep the pad flat because of the leverage you have. The single handle on the Porter Cable sucks and get's uncomfortable after a while because of the way you have to hold it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeTrol42 View Post
    Then I run the risk of busting on me in 5 or 10 years and then I have to spend another $130 bucks to get a new one.

No Thanks.

And I'm not the only one this happens to. I've seen two 7424s that broke in the same spot on this forum. I'm willing to bet that there's more people this has happened to that we don't get to hear about.
    I would try the Meguiars G110 if you want to give up on the PC. They offer a Lifetime warranty, and are more heavy duty than the GG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    I would try the Meguiars G110 if you want to give up on the PC. They offer a Lifetime warranty, and are more heavy duty than the GG.
    I don't like the fact that the backing plate is non-removable.

Unless I'm mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeTrol42 View Post
    I don't like the fact that the backing plate is non-removable.

Unless I'm mistaken.
    You are mistaken, it's completely removable just like the PC.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast