autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a 2.5-3.5 inch backing plate for PC?

Never mind on my last post. I went out today and looked a little closer and I do see more swirls than I originally thought. I guess i'm going to go with the Hydrotech pads and get 3 5.5" cyan pads, 3 5.5" tangerine pads, 3 5.5" crimson pads, 1 or 2 3" cyan pads, 1 or 2 3" tangerine pads, and 1 or 2 3" crimson pads. What should I use for spots that I have to do by hand like the door handle. Does a foam wax applicator pad work fine for the finishing glaze, or should I just use sealant to get behind the door handle?
    2012 black Mustang-Magnaflow axle-backs, Barton Short throw shifter and bracket, Airaid Cold Air Intake, American Muscle Tuner, Saleen bumper/grill combo, and HID's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    The WG TSR is not super aggressive, without seeing your paint I'd suggest you also buy Orange pads for the TSR. Will get better correction or you may need them to accomplish the correction you desire.
    I use these polishes a lot and really like them with the Hydro -Tech pads. Cyan for the TSR and Tangerine for the FG then go with either a blue flat or Crimson Ht for the sealant. I really like the Ht system because it only has 3 levels of pads to own and they work great and IMO finish better.

Ive got the same pads, use the same Wolfgang products, and they took 95% of the swirls out of the finish of my DD. Really wasnt much effort either, just apply enough pressure for the pad rotation to slow down, 3 passes on a 2x2 area and *poof* swirls gone.

Post Thanks / Like

You won't need that many crimson, you are only applying product with them so one will do an entire vehicle.

I use the 4" pads when I'm done polishing on the machine peel them off and use them by hand to get the really tight areas.

I think you will be very happy With the Ht pads, a little more money but worth it IMO.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Well from what it sounds like maybe your right? But the orange lc pads would only make sense to get seeing you got the others - a compound pad realistically we all know that regardless of what we do down the road you more than likely need them to remove scratches/defects be it are doing or not Besides they might surprise you on there cut/finish ability product, pressure, speed dependent of course? And for hand polishing yes you can have them break down and be able to accomplish your goals. Also someone chime in if im wrong but a good idea to complete your setup would be to get some ultimate compound or better yet M105 and hay 205 wouldn't hurt either lol??

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I gotta really work on my typing there's what 4-5 posts since I started lol you even changed pads lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyrango212 View Post
    ultimate compound or better yet M105 and hay 205 wouldn't hurt either lol??
    I wouldn't get 105/205 doubt he will need them. He is on the right path now to get started I think.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12