autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New PC

Post Thanks / Like

New PC

Just got my pc with edge pads. Can anyone tell me why the pc does not spin when applying very little pressure? I mist the pad on every new panel, but only the green pad seems to spin and orbit. I marked the side of the pad so I can see that it is not spinning at all. The blue finishing and white polishing pads won't spin at all. What am I doing wrong, or is this the way the pc should work? Also, the mf bonnets on 4, with no pressure, will not spin. Any suggestions would be helpful. Rsurfer

Post Thanks / Like
    PC's orbit off axis ... they dont truly spin in a circle, thats a rotary.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, I understand that, but should it not spin somewhat! With the blue and white pads it doesn't spin at all. No pressure except for the pc itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    k thats weird.
    They say a man looks after himself the same way he looks after his car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer
    Just got my pc with edge pads. Can anyone tell me why the pc does not spin when applying very little pressure? I mist the pad on every new panel, but only the green pad seems to spin and orbit. I marked the side of the pad so I can see that it is not spinning at all. The blue finishing and white polishing pads won't spin at all. What am I doing wrong, or is this the way the pc should work? Also, the mf bonnets on 4, with no pressure, will not spin. Any suggestions would be helpful. Rsurfer
    Funny I actually noticed the same, I thought it was just my eyes or maybe the illusion that it doesn’t move...mmm...interesting I still get good results though? But I wonder if it just vibrates instead of spin.

I did the same thing with my blue pad, I put a peace of tape to see how fast it was spinning but it hardly moved...looks like it just vibrated more then spin, mind you I was putting pressure on the pad too, if you don't put any pressure then it spins but you basically have to just be holding at the head with one hand...maybe this is the way it's supposed to be but I just cant see that working...well that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pads don't spin on a PC? I haven't used mine yet, too cold, but this is good to know. I would have been going crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had the same problem.

Here's what I noticed.

First, I used the Edge 6" pads and they spun, but if pressure was applied or the edge of a pad came up against an edge of the car, they would stop.

The next time I had a day off, I wanted to try the Edge 4" pads I had, noticed right away, the slightest pressure = no spinning. It was like I had to actually pull up a little to take the weight of the PC off the pad to get the pad to spin.

I then switched to the Wolfgang velcro backed 6.5" pads I had, and now could spin with considerable pressure applied to the head of the machine.

BUT...when I switched to the velcro backed 6" pads I have, same thing happened...hard to get to spin, but not as much of a problem as with the 4" pads.

My conclusion was weight {pressure} apllied to a smaller surface area = less spinning, also the courser the pad, the more apparent the spinning problem due to resistance.

One cannot fault the manufacturers of the pads for the laws of physics, when using a smaller pad, or one of the courser pads, realize less pressure can be applied.

Would be nice though, if the PC had a clutch of some sort to overcome this.

But then that's why the PC7424 is pretty much foolproof in preventing "accidents" to your finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really confused guys, as far as this no spinning thing. Why dont you watch some fo the great videos on AG and see if you PC and pad are performing similarly.

Pinnacle Natural Brilliance car care products are made of natural ingredients & modern science! souveran, signature series, carnauba, paintwork

It seems clearly here that the pads spin. So there may be something wrong with your PC or your use of the PC.
    2006 NBP TSX

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coondog64
    I'm really confused guys, as far as this no spinning thing. Why dont you watch some fo the great videos on AG and see if you PC and pad are performing similarly.

Pinnacle Natural Brilliance car care products are made of natural ingredients & modern science! souveran, signature series, carnauba, paintwork

It seems clearly here that the pads spin. So there may be something wrong with your PC or your use of the PC.
    Yea, my Edge 2000 pads do not rotate like in the video. I think it's the pressure, I just noticed the video and he was hardly applying any pressure, so I'm going to have to try it again and this time just let the weight of the PC do the work.

Thanks for posting the video again, even though I've been looking at it almost every day I still missed that

Post Thanks / Like
    My problem is the opposite of blackmagic. The finer the pad the more resistance and no spin. The courser the pad the pc seems to spin the pads better. Go figure

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.