autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Score!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My lowe's tried to tell me they don't even carry PC, nor did they ever. Yet there were PC tools lined up in "tool world" The guy I spoke with supposedly worked there for 3 years he said. He then proceded to tell some more BS until I made him look it up, model #7424, blah blah.
    they didn't have it, which was fine. He then proceded to tell me that if they did have it, they won't match prices. He tried to explain how they won't even match the exact same DeWalt tool set with another Lowe's less than 6 miles away!!! That's right, they wouldn't match a price to another Lowe's in the same district/region whatever.

I went to another Lowe's and spoke with someone else. He wasn't very kind either. I was so fed up with Lowe's. I swear, I hate being younger and having people look down at you like you don't know what your talking about. Drives me nutsssss. Granted, some kids my age certainly don't help out my cause, but that's not how I am.

With that said, I went to Home Depot to buy my electrical cord, hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET
    The 7424 is not discontinued, Lowes can still get you one by ordering from porter-cable. It is not selling well at there stores, this is why they no longer have then on hand. I spoke with someone at porter-cable about this and that is what they said. My brother also found one a 7336 without the box for $20.00 for me. It works fine, I have my edge pads on one and my lc pads on the other. Also when my brother picked up the pc the Lowes manager confirmed the above.
    i have been to atleast 6 lowes and all of them have the 7424 marked in the book as being discontinued. also was told they could special order the 7336 for $109.00 plus a special order charge of $30.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailgod sorry to here that, my brother spoke with a porter-cable rep, which made some phone calls, and that the 7424 is not discontinued. His friend who is a Lowes manager said they are not selling well that is why they are not stocked. He also said thay could be ordered, no shipping charged discussed. I know i got lucky with the unboxed 7336. I guess it depends who you talk to at the Lowes whether or not they want to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    whitethunder. thats crazy to hear. I actually was able to get my PCs from a Lowes down in Ohio for $24. Are you close to zainesville?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Star
    whitethunder. thats crazy to hear. I actually was able to get my PCs from a Lowes down in Ohio for $24. Are you close to zainesville?
    Town sounds familiar, but not faimilar enough to be close to me.

I was just hoping to pick up a couple and then turn aruond and make a few bucks. They are going for about $100 on EBay.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fortunate enough to find one (7336SP) at my local Lowes (Greenbelt, MD) for $43. I have 2 now, so these should last awhile

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678