autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

GG compared to Meguire's. Also PCxp.

I know the brush's are easily accessile on the Meguire's which is a nice feature. Are they easily accessable on the other two?

GG has the most power according to the specs. How does this compare to Meguire's cruise control, another nice feature?

I noticed the Meguire's has a larger opm range, at least on the slower side. How often would this slower opm be advantageous?

What bothers me about getting the Meguire's is the pad size. Many here seem to recommend the 5.5inch pads vs. the larger ones that come with the meguire's and PCxp DA's. I've read the larger pads are fine on the GG and Flex. I can afford the flex now, but from what I've read the GG can accept and handle 4inch pads up to 6.5inch pads. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GG compared to Meguire's. Also PCxp.

Slower speeds are helpful for applying/removing wax and final polishing, but I'm doubtful the slower speeds on the Megs would provide an advantage.

I've never used my Griots on 1 or 2. (Maybe if I got the carpet brushes). You are correct, the GG can do some heavy correction with a 6" pad.
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

I love my GG and have used large 6.5in pads all the way down to 3in pads... I love the power of it and the correction ability... I rarely use my PE14 unless I am doing a huge correction now so the GG has taken the place for most jobs and I have yet to touch the brushes on it... Plus the GG has a life time warranty!
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just my thoughts:

I think the Shurhold Polisher, GG6 and Meg's all use the same design and maybe even made from the same manufacture. You can prove me wrong however. They all have pretty much the same look so that's what I'm going on but I'm sure I'm putting my foot in my mouth. Also they are all made in China.

If I remember right the Meg's G110v1 was made by Porter Cable, but after that deal they contracted out to a manufacture in China for the G110v2.

Now as your question about the pads, everyone will recommend on here that you use a 5.5" with whatever ODA polisher you use. GG6, G110v2, Shurhold, PCXP all use a 5/16 so you can use the same BP for all four of them. Which opens you up to use a BP of 3", 4", 5", 6" sizes. So no if you get the Meguiar's G110v2 you aren't stuck with a 6" only BP and 6.5" + pads.

Might wanna PM Charlie (Shiny'lil detailer) as I think he's the biggest fan on this forum of the G110v2 and get his 1st hand experience with the machine, since I do believe before he started to only use the G110v2 he used to use a gg6.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

When I use my porter cable 7424xp on bumpers and some contours, the pad always stops and I'm using speed 5 with 5.5" pads.

Is this where the meguiar's g110v2 "cruise control" feature helps? Would the Griot's Garage polisher do better in this situation as well?

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot's is pretty powerful and wouldn't "stop." The G110v2 has a torque kick that helps the machine push on when pressure is applied. However out of all three I'm sure the GG6 would the strongest.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

I have the G110V2 and it is a very weak machine. I haven't used the GG but I have used the PCXP and feel that it too is a weak machine. I got tired of all the tricks and technique to keep the pads rotating so I just learned how to use a rotary instead and bought a Flex 3401 too.

With my G110V2 I even have a hard time keeping 4" pads rotating on bumpers and mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to find any information regarding a UL listing for the GG polisher. Kinda makes me suspicious of the power ratings and safety of the machine...

Keep in mind that rotation is not the only contributing factor in defect removal.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
    I have yet to find any information regarding a UL listing for the GG polisher. Kinda makes me suspicious of the power ratings and safety of the machine...

Keep in mind that rotation is not the only contributing factor in defect removal.
    Is this what your looking for?:

120v-60Hz 7A

This is directly off of my GG...
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast