autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big thumbs up to EDGE!

well some of you may remember my statement about the edge quick connect adapter and how i thought it could be improved upon. and some of you had the same feelings, well i just got off the phone with Aaron and he walked me though it a little better and wow my opinion has definately changed and id like to say, if after reading this you still have trouble, call Aaron because the system is even better than i thought!

Ok so heres the thing. i thought thta to use the quick connect and disconnect you had to push the button. i also felt like the button was a bit too hard to push, but i couldnt have been more wrong. get a pad and an adapter(attached to your machine) line up the hexes and without pushing the button at all, just push the pad evenly on the adapter( using both hands, one on each side. it slides right on. now grab the buffer and from the back just put your hand kind of around the adapter and push on the pad, slides right off! if you pull evenly on both sides from the front it will come right off, so theres no real reason to push the button at all. I was going about removing and installing pads in completely the wrong way, and im willing to bet im not the only one, so give it a try like i described and i think you may wow yourself yet again!
    honestly, if you have a problem with the Edge system, it is likely user error(like my problem) or a defective part. after he walked me through it, i cant think of a way that this system can be improved upon.and i also dont see how regular velcro pads have any benefits over the edge system. if your in need of new pads, switch to Edge, the system is worth the initial extra cost you may have, because in the long run they are also cheaper

also if you havent tried the Shmitt, do it. i used to use old cloths to wash my car until i got this thing, i think ive been through about 30 washes or more, and it has suffered some nicks but it is still just as white as my unused white foam pad, still just as soft, and still works just as good. this product has never induced any swirls on my paint that i could see, and rinses out clean with water every time. buy one, you will be converted for life

to Aaron and the whole company a round of applause is in order

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron does take good care of his customers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Edge is a pretty cool company. Aaron will get on the phone and help you PERSONALLY if you have a problem. That is cool right there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron is a great guy! No matter what the problem he does his best to make things right. All of his products are top quality! Thanks Kelso for starting this thread. I'm sure it will help many people who were attaching and removing their Edge pads incorrectly (myself included).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, back when I first got the system I was like "damn this pad is a b!tch to get off" lol, but I learned to do as you just said long time ago and pad pops off easily. I should have posted that awhile ago, think it was Aaron or somebody in the beginning that told me to do that.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    well theres the evidence right there, atleast 4 of us used it incorrectly and didnt like it, then we figure it out and realize the awesomeness of the system. i think if people learn how to properly use the product, they will be astounded and the company will do much better, and produce even more great products. he also told me that the 4 inch pads are out and ready to be bought, its just a matter of them showing up on the online webpages, so keep your eyes out for those

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Yup, back when I first got the system I was like "damn this pad is a b!tch to get off" lol, but I learned to do as you just said long time ago and pad pops off easily. I should have posted that awhile ago, think it was Aaron or somebody in the beginning that told me to do that.
    LOL... you could have saved people a lot of trouble...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    LOL... you could have saved people a lot of trouble...
    ooops

Kelso - I got the 4" pads earlier last year , hehe, I was a "tester"
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you like them? personally i dont know that i would have much use for them since im going to start using the rotary but i know a lot of people could really benefit from them

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    how do you like them? personally i dont know that i would have much use for them since im going to start using the rotary but i know a lot of people could really benefit from them
    Love them, I have the 4" orange and 4" blue, orange was perfect for spot buffing an d doing glass with AIO etc. The 4" blue is extremely soft, maybe it was my pre-pro model but it seems softer then the white finishing pad. I've used it to apply AIO and even wax/sealant with the PC. It makes those jobs much, much quicker and easier to do then by hand (since we have a couple suvs). It really spread the product out perfect and thin.
    The real WyStang:

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast