autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    What glaze do you have???

You probably don't need a glaze, especially if it contains carnauba's. The sealant won't bond correctly if you use a carnauba glaze (such as XMT's Glaze)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have XMT finishing glaze. OK so instead of the Wolfgang sealant I should just glaze then put the Souveran over that?
    Honey.....
    Where's the Dog???

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal..... Albert Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeliner
    I have XMT finishing glaze. OK so instead of the Wolfgang sealant I should just glaze then put the Souveran over that?
    That's what I'd do.

Or you can use the glaze, skip the Wolfgang, and then apply Souveran about an hour after the glaze.

Make sure you apply Souveran 12-24 hours after the Wolfgang if you go that route. Wolfgang needs a good curing time.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I think I'm online now.... Which will produce the deepest "wet" shine the Wolfgang or the XMT Glaze (my avatar is the truck I'm working on it's a 2007 Honda; Dark Grey with gold metallic. Last (I hope) I'm leaning real hard toward Souveran Paste because of what I've read about it, but I do have Souveran Liquid. Which way would you go with this paint color? I don't mind washing / waxing every two weeks... I'm in the country and almost have to because of the area (all farm land / woods around me).

Brian
    Honey.....
    Where's the Dog???

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal..... Albert Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I've only had experience with PB's Natty's Blue for a carnuaba wax, and DG 105 for a sealant.

Wolfgang is supposed to give a very nice look though.

Generally and in the past, carnauba waxes will give a little more depth and that "wet" look. So hence, XMT Glaze w/ Souveran paste would be pretty nice. However, liquid souveran I've heard will also look very very good and give a nice wet look. Plus it'll last an extra month more than likely.

Wolfgang however is one of the, if not the, premier sealants on AG. It'll give you all the above, plus 6? months of durability. I believe they advertise 8 months.

It's really all up to you with what you want.

You could always split the hood in half and do half w/ glaze/souveran, and the other side with Wolfgang. And then top with souveran if you want to 24 hours later.

Look at it in 2 days and decide which side you like better. And then go with that.
    Honestly though, you more than likely won't be able to tell a difference. What I'd be looking for, is which product/combo make that mettalic paint "pop" the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a great point there.... I was reading through some old posts and there's allot of different combos out there but the one that I have is the XMT CFG (multiple coats) and Souveran Liquid to get metal flake to pop. So I think I'll try that this time around.
    Honey.....
    Where's the Dog???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeliner
    You have a great point there.... I was reading through some old posts and there's allot of different combos out there but the one that I have is the XMT CFG (multiple coats) and Souveran Liquid to get metal flake to pop. So I think I'll try that this time around.
    Go for it bro.

I just did this on my mom's Camry.

All I did was yellow pad/XMT 3 to remove swirls, and then topped w/ dg #105.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man that looks great! Thanks for all your help... I'll have pics to show what "we've " done.
    Honey.....
    Where's the Dog???

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, I'm pretty much a newb just like you. I've only had my PC for 2 weeks, but have been on this forum for a few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey that's alright...From what I've seen it's all about helping each other out around here That's what makes this forum so good!!
    I'm almost finished, I ended up going with a couple coats of XMT CFG and Liquid Souveran... I did it in my garage / shop. I've come to the conclusion I don't care for working under fluorescents. I have 4 8' tubes over each bay and can't see the swirls when polishing so I'm not sure what it's going to look like. Probably should have used the Green Pad not the Orange. We'll see The sun is coming up I'm going to try and get some "sun rise" pics I'll try and post them later today. Have a great day

Brian
    Last edited by Ridgeliner; 01-15-2007 at 07:52 AM.
    Honey.....
    Where's the Dog???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12