autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swirl removal

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard alot of people say they like Wolfgangs swirl remover, how does it compare to Pinnacles Advanced Swirl and Swirl remover or any other products? I've been trying to find one swirl remover to stick with when I'm detailing cars that would work well on all levels and doens't require any type of finishing polish, or will I have to use 2 or more polish/swirl removers depending on the car? I'm mainly trying to save time, while still creating a good finish that your average person would like.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard alot of good thins about wolfgangs swirl remover. How does it compare to pinnacles two swirl remover of any other swirl removers. I'm trying to find a good alround swirl remover to use when I'm detailing car mainly to save time a produce a nice finish that would be good enough for the average person. Maybe something that wouldn't require any type of finishing polish, instead of using two or more prodcuts, but I know it all depends on the cars paint condtion.

Post Thanks / Like
    didn't mean to post that one twicw, I thought it didn't work the first time. sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    You are correct, very correct. The only reason why it was prescribed a little differently, as the poster offered that the car has heavy swirls. A finishing pad and finishing polish wont make a dent in these. Once you become acclimated to the abrasive nature of certain polishes you will jump to a specific level, but always safer to error on the side of caution.
    My only thing on the swirls, was that maybe if he was Noob like me, his idea of heavy swirls and yours, as a pro, might be different--but I should have kept my nose out.

I live in South Fl also, Palm Beach Gardens, about 30 min from Autogeek. Do you give lessons? I am not competition--just a hobbyist. Pretty much OK on the DA, but learning the rotary.

I met Jason a few weeks back. Very nice guy, but then, I can be a lousy judge of character.
    Last edited by BlackCoupe; 04-26-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCoupe
    My only thing on the swirls, was that maybe if he was Noob like me, his idea of heavy swirls and yours, as a pro, might be different--but I should have kept my nose out..
    Not in the least, you offered very sound advice.

I live in South Fl also, Palm Beach Gardens, about 30 min from Autogeek. Do you give lessons? I am not competition--just a hobbyist. Pretty much OK on the DA, but learning the rotary..
    I am actually further south in the Margate, Coral Springs area. I dont get to detail like I use to with a 14 month old son. If you have a get together, let me know, and maybe I can make it north. I truthfully find the rotary to be almost unneeded but a darn cool tool, I really want a Cyclo next. No pro, just a hobbyist also

I met Jason a few weeks back. Very nice guy, but then, I can be a lousy judge of character.
    you were. Jason is very, very mean and very, very violent. Infact, he scares me to death. He's probably beating Meghan now or throwing mud on Matts Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Not in the least, you offered very sound advice.
    you were. Jason is very, very mean and very, very violent. Infact, he scares me to death. He's probably beating Meghan now or throwing mud on Matts Camaro
    How did you know?!?!
    Actually if you can't get along with Jason, well you just can't get along with anyone. He is a big teddy bear, we like to squeeze him like one on occasion just for fun! He is a great guy, will help out anyone within reason, and if he can't help you he will point you in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    How did you know?!?!
    Actually if you can't get along with Jason, well you just can't get along with anyone. He is a big teddy bear, we like to squeeze him like one on occasion just for fun! He is a great guy, will help out anyone within reason, and if he can't help you he will point you in the right direction.
    Have you ever seen anyone survive a teddy bear attack ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    Have you ever seen anyone survive a teddy bear attack ..

Post Thanks / Like
    you were. Jason is very, very mean and very, very violent. Infact, he scares me to death. He's probably beating Meghan now or throwing mud on Matts Camaro [/quote]

LMAO!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative

LMAO!!!![/QUOTE]
    + ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12