autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question pc is a pain - literally! anyone else?

I wanted to see - every time I work with that pc, my lower back aches!! I have no back problems, never have ...(knock on wood.) My trainer and I have been working on this, but I still use the pc, with any amount of pressure or even with none, and my back begins to ache.

Now I know being in my 30's is old to most here, but nothing else causes me this problem.

Is it just me? Ideas? PC-ing sitting down just does not sound cool to me, so I take a lot of breaks.

Let me know what you think/recommend.
    Thanks!!
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 19 and I never have any back problems with a PC. Only thing I get is tingly hands. How is your posture when you use the PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    I'm 19 and I never have any back problems with a PC. Only thing I get is tingly hands. How is your posture when you use the PC?
    That is because you are 19, which equals infallible, and all of us get itchy/tingly hands - it is from the vibration. Brings blood to the hands and causes them to itch.
    But thank you for your input! Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say try to keep the PC centered with your body. Try not to twist your back from one side to the other to much. Step over to the spot on you are trying to do on your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it is from the vibration. I was kind of just saying thats the only pains I get using a PC. So is your back straight when you use it? When I worked at Costco, I found out I had bad posture right away. Once I forced myself to straighten up, the back pain went away with all the lifting.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.tylertool.com/cr9himese.html

Stretch before and after. Might want to try a heating pad on your back when you're done also. Make sure you are doing lower back exercises for muscle endurance, not only muscular strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to PEP BOYS and bought one of the little red (matching??) roller chairs to work on the vertical parts of my BMW. I think it was $39 or something. Works great, padded seat, little tray underneath, do a whole side without getting up or abusing my knees. Still get a little stiff after 10-11 passes on the car but nowhere near what I used to.
    But then, I am also in my 50's and 6'4" so the only place I do not bend for is the roof.
    "I love the smell of carnuba in the morning ... it smells like ... victory"
    JSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    I know it is from the vibration. I was kind of just saying thats the only pains I get using a PC. So is your back straight when you use it? When I worked at Costco, I found out I had bad posture right away. Once I forced myself to straighten up, the back pain went away with all the lifting.
    Oh, i did not mean to sound insulting - my sincerest apologies if so!!! i appreciate your sharing!!!

excellent point! perhaps i am leaning over a lot -my car is low. hmmm???!!!
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm... I say just do what Toto does. Get it on a lift so you can do it at chest level. Another toy for the garage!

Post Thanks / Like
    I drive a low sports car too and I can tell you that contributes to lower back soreness from the polishing process. Here are a few tips from one sports car owner to another . . .

1. Switch to Edge 2000 pads. The automatic centering feature of the pads reduces the amount of vibration in the machine significantly. So, your hands don't get numb.

2. Get a nice rolling seat that sits real low to the ground. Sit on the seat while detailing the lower parts of the car.

3. When leaning over the car don't stand with your feet together. Put one foot forward and the other one a little back. This will put more of the stress on your thighs and less on your back.

Hope this helps!
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast