autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    http://www.back.com/articles-sacroil...sfunction.html

this is my problem! Going to see a chiropractor tuesday for the first time in my life!
    just looked at your link.
    yikes!
    i hope the chiropractor helps! pm me please and let me know what he does and how it goes; I am considering that too.
    good luck!!
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
    I think the best thing to do is stretch before and after, see a chiropractor, and build up the surrounding muscles. Not only with muscular strength exercises, but also with endurance exercises. Which means little to no weight, but high reps and short rest periods. Using PERFECT form.

Remember its best to warm up first, then stretch before your activity, then stretch again at the end. So do something to warm your body up, jumping jacks, short 5 min run, etc. This is VERY important, unfortunately a lot of people dont do it. I also think you should try a heating pad after activities to help relax the muscles.

There is also some joint medicine you can take, I dont know much about those.

Ive been to the chiropractor a few times. The scariest part is when he cracked my neck. He twists it like hes about to break it, the stuff you see in the movies. The cracking noise is actually air bubbles.
    thank you!
    i am working on all of it... got the heating pad, do warm -ups and stretches - altho stretching out my lower back actually triggered it very badly the other day...

yea, isn't there nitrogen or something and that is what moves when you pop a joint?
    i want to pop whatever it is sooo badly!!
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    So Lauren, you're not out of shape? My wife has problem with her back, she is 34. Went to see a few doc about it. Well our on doc said he has heard that chiropractor can do wonders. She is going to start next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the reason why my back starts to bother me, and I'm only 24, is b/c a few years ago I took a nasty wakeboarding fall, thought I broke my back at the time (actually I thought I was paralyzed as I couldn't move for a couple minutes). I ended up compressing my spine/vertebrae which was worse pain then any broken bone I've ever had. Took two years to really heal and not hurt doing simple things like getting up and down. I think my back is just real sensative after that, doesn't bother me much when doing my truck, I only start to get pain on the trucks hood b/c of the awkward reach to really apply pressure, but it does bother me when I'm doing one of the cars that sits lower even if I'm on a rolling chair.

Lesson learned, don't wakeboard and try to jump and do a flip on a doubled up wake at high speeds...can't even describe the pain and I was always at the hosptial growing up from breaking bones or accidents lol . Fell about 40ft out of tree on my back when I was 10, so I'm sure that started the back issue lol.
    Last edited by Surfer; 01-06-2007 at 01:33 AM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    I think the reason why my back starts to bother me, and I'm only 24, is b/c a few years ago I took a nasty wakeboarding fall, thought I broke my back at the time (actually I thought I was paralyzed as I couldn't move for a couple minutes). I ended up compressing my spine/vertebrae which was worse pain then any broken bone I've ever had. Took two years to really heal and not hurt doing simple things like getting up and down. I think my back is just real sensative after that, doesn't bother me much when doing my truck, I only start to get pain on the trucks hood b/c of the awkward reach to really apply pressure, but it does bother me when I'm doing one of the cars that sits lower even if I'm on a rolling chair.

Lesson learned, don't wakeboard and try to jump and do a flip on a doubled up wake at high speeds...can't even describe the pain and I was always at the hosptial growing up from breaking bones or accidents lol . Fell about 40ft out of tree on my back when I was 10, so I'm sure that started the back issue lol.
    Surfer-
    Wow, that sucked!! You really were fortunate. I am glad it was not more serious - sounds like it sure could have been.
    Thank you for sharing your experience as well.
    Yes, the center of the hoods are evil!! I must agree. I am going to sit from now on a chair of some sort and see how that works. I have to wash it - vette- as it is and right now, I am sooo stiff it hurts to bend over to wash the side panels....

Yikes, you were a wild child, eh? HOw maany accidents and broken bones?
    SOMEONE is looking out for you!!!
    gratefully,
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    Nah, some people have back problems, some people don't. I've had problems since my early 20's from lifting weights and my job, which requires me to lift 100-200 boxes daily with some weighing 70lbs+. Some days I can't stand up straight! I wake up in the morning with my back killing me and am thinking about getting a Posturpedic mattress. Anyone have one? Thoughts??
    I don't recomend chiropractors. I've had back problems for 7 years. A chiropractor made it all worse. I've got one of these inversion tables and it works wonders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    Surfer-
    Wow, that sucked!! You really were fortunate. I am glad it was not more serious - sounds like it sure could have been.
    Thank you for sharing your experience as well.
    Yes, the center of the hoods are evil!! I must agree. I am going to sit from now on a chair of some sort and see how that works. I have to wash it - vette- as it is and right now, I am sooo stiff it hurts to bend over to wash the side panels....

Yikes, you were a wild child, eh? HOw maany accidents and broken bones?
    SOMEONE is looking out for you!!!
    gratefully,
    Lauren
    I lost count how many times I was at the hospital for getting hurt lol. My left wrist/forearm isn't as strong as my right one, I almost compounded that side and took awhile to heal. But if I'm lifting weights the left side gets tired quicker then the right and I can't do wrist curls as good as my right. And that injury was from over 10 years ago.

I remember back in middle school when you were only cool being a skater, so I put on some grind plates, went to jump my first rail and.....guess who was in the emergency room getting stitches after that, mom said she was always paranoid when I was younger, wonder why lol. Course I got very good at skating after that, that led to tougher tricks that in turn caused more injuries lol. I walked in one day before dinner and said "mom, need to go to the hospital, broke my wrist" like it was normal to say that LOL. I think my mom had an affair with Evil Knieval

I've calmed down since then, especially after that wakeboarding accident, now I know when older people complain of back pain, I know what they mean. That was 2 straight years of pain and nothing they could really do for a compressed spine injury. They did this sonogram thingy (like if your pregnant) except on my back, showed my back muscles and that squishy stuff between vertebrea, was all out of wack and red which meant "tense". Not fun, even hurt to, uhhh, fool around with girl.
    Last edited by Surfer; 01-10-2007 at 10:20 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA
    I don't recomend chiropractors. I've had back problems for 7 years. A chiropractor made it all worse. I've got one of these inversion tables and it works wonders.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion!!
    They had them on sale at Kmart this week and a good long time friend of mine was nice enough to not only call me when he saw them in the store to tell me (I did not know about the sale) AND get it and bring it to my house - i just have to get my husband to set it up.

Meanwhile, i have a dirty car - but rain starts again tonight, so.... had to give my back a break; it is better now, too - ready to detail -
    rain.....
    Thanks so much tho for your input and welcome to the forum!!
    Gratefully,
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    I lost count how many times I was at the hospital for getting hurt lol. My left wrist/forearm isn't as strong as my right one, I almost compounded that side and took awhile to heal. But if I'm lifting weights the left side gets tired quicker then the right and I can't do wrist curls as good as my right. And that injury was from over 10 years ago.

I remember back in middle school when you were only cool being a skater, so I put on some grind plates, went to jump my first rail and.....guess who was in the emergency room getting stitches after that, mom said she was always paranoid when I was younger, wonder why lol. Course I got very good at skating after that, that led to tougher tricks that in turn caused more injuries lol. I walked in one day before dinner and said "mom, need to go to the hospital, broke my wrist" like it was normal to say that LOL. I think my mom had an affair with Evil Knieval

I've calmed down since then, especially after that wakeboarding accident, now I know when older people complain of back pain, I know what they mean. That was 2 straight years of pain and nothing they could really do for a compressed spine injury. They did this sonogram thingy (like if your pregnant) except on my back, showed my back muscles and that squishy stuff between vertebrea, was all out of wack and red which meant "tense". Not fun, even hurt to, uhhh, fool around with girl.
    Yikes! And you are soo young!! You were a wild one...maybe Evil Knieval was your father!! lol

two years of back pain must have been truly awful!! it is better now? and to not even enjoy fooling around....stinks!
    I also feel sorry for your mom!!! well,boys will be boys.
    TRY TO STAY OUTTA TROUBLE!!! lol
    No more injuries, ok? Promise?

geez, that is some story!

lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    Yikes! And you are soo young!! You were a wild one...maybe Evil Knieval was your father!! lol

two years of back pain must have been truly awful!! it is better now? and to not even enjoy fooling around....stinks!
    I also feel sorry for your mom!!! well,boys will be boys.
    TRY TO STAY OUTTA TROUBLE!!! lol
    No more injuries, ok? Promise?
    geez, that is some story!

lauren
    No, much better now. That's why I'm much more careful b/c that seriously sucked, even just getting out of a seat from sitting hurt so much. Normal back has vertebrae relatively even with one after another like:
    _
    _
    _
    _

my spine was more like so after compressing it:
    _
    .._
    _
    .._
    _

If I'm lifting weights or move something heavy I can still get a sharp pain but nowhere near what it used to be like. Now I'm worried that when I have kids those "Knievel" genes will pass down . Mom said wait till you have kids and see what you put me through LOL.
    The real WyStang:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast