autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get back pain and I'm 24, but that's from mainly doing the hoods of our suv's as it's an awkward reach while trying to apply pressure. Otherwise if you have a car that sits lower, what I do for our cars is sit in a moving chair and just stroll along. Much easier then bending.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    I use one of those adjustable rolling mechanics seat on the lower portion of my vehicles, and found it helps with general fatigue.

Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta get used to it.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Lauren, from someone with back problems and I do not feel sore in my back after using the PC, try these things:

1. stretch before and after
    2. adjust your body so that you are not extending too far. this could be up, down, or out. WHen you do extend try to find a way to take the pressure off your back by putting one hand down on the hood, leaning against a door frame for support, etc The PC is only a few pounds but its weigh multiple when extended away from the body.
    3. try to keep the pc in the core area when doing side panels. Do not rush movements. SLowly.
    4. be mindful of your posture...it only take a few moments of sloppy posture to make you FEEL IT!
    5. have spouse reward your efforts with a back rub

I have found all of these work well to keep the pain away...for the record...Step #5 is optional and I'm still trying to utilualize this final step!
    WWZS - What Would Zinn Say

Teacher by Day: Speed Dreamer at Night

Post Thanks / Like
    have you looked into a back support device. There are samll belt type things (other then the weight lifiting ones) that help support thelower back, which from the sounds of it is what you need. i belive they are relivily inexpenive and help out alot. I have never used one but im sure the local pharmacy would sell them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Phillips in his video on the using the PC emphatically suggests to use one leg forward and the other back. This is to put the weight on the thigh muscles shifting away from the back muscles where both legs are parallel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I have kind of a low car as well, the roof comes up to about my lower chest, and when ever I work the middle of the hood or roof my back does get tired. However I've never gotten back pain from it. But its definetly in the posture and not the PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lauren, you are out of shape. I'm 39 245lbs and have no problem. Get out there and run 2 miles 5 days a week for 8 weeks. Do 50 push up every other day. The days you don't do push up do sit-ups. Then your ready for your PC. J/K Don't spank me! Now Joe and Dennis might like that?

It will get better when you get used to it.

Oh by the way I lost 40lbs doing that above. Put 5 lbs back on due to eating these past holidays. Well starting next week I'm going down 45 more lbs I hope. Hee Hee Hee, looking for 200 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm 14 and I fine the PC easy to use, but i'm one of those kids that are just built naturally. as you can see below, no working out, just pure haha

1 - dont use the handle

2 - use thick gloves

this will help.

good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    its us 30 year olds .i have the same problem.dont worry its normal were not as young as we used to be
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast