autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

replacing griots 6" da backplate

ok i am intersted in the griots and come with a 6 inch backplate to be used with 6.5 pads. i really would like to use my 5.5 inch pads so i need a 5 inch backplate. i am unabe to find any info on the tread size . will the lake country da flexable hook/loop backplate with 5/16-24 threaded post fit the griots as it does it the porter cable? if not what backplates am i to be looking at ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: replacing griots 6" da backplate

Quote Originally Posted by poweraid View Post
    ok i am intersted in the griots and come with a 6 inch backplate to be used with 6.5 pads. i really would like to use my 5.5 inch pads so i need a 5 inch backplate. i am unabe to find any info on the tread size . will the lake country da flexable hook/loop backplate with 5/16-24 threaded post fit the griots as it does it the porter cable? if not what backplates am i to be looking at ?
    Yes, the LC backing DA plates will fit. If you haven't bought a another backing plate, go with the Meguiars 5" backing plate, especially if you plan to use their MF system.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Yes, the LC backing DA plates will fit. If you haven't bought a another backing plate, go with the Meguiars 5" backing plate, especially if you plan to use their MF system.
    x2 ^ W67DA is the part you want. Griot's, PC XP, and Meg's DA's share the same thread size.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    x2 ^ W67DA is the part you want. Griot's, PC XP, and Meg's DA's share the same thread size.
    I went a step further and bought the Meg's 6" backing plate and cut it down to 5.5" for full MF pad support. This gives even better results than the extraordinary results with the 5" BP. I need to be very careful, though.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. i currently have the porter cable new and unused which i may return to get the griots. i joined the forum after i got the detailing itch and seems like most prefer the griots over the pc. and they r about the same price. i like the griots handle location better than the pc. wish i would have joined this forum before i went all gung ho and ordered a bunch of stuff which now i got to return stuff, lol this forum is great and im gonna learn a lot just from this

Post Thanks / Like

i currently have the porter cable new and unused which i may return to get the griots.
    Do it, trust me!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks, im not no professional detailer, im just a do it yourselfer at home and like to take care of my truck. i have always used off the shelf stuff but now i found autogeek and i want better quality products. i dont know if i will ever get into 3-4 step processes and paint correction. i drive an 04 and it looks a lot newer than that

Post Thanks / Like

hey mark if u still there, how bout a little info on speed setting with the griots. i have no idea on this. also some pad ( color) selection. i already have lake country pads. ccs in green and gray, and then i have the flat in white and black. i will be using xmt360 and then topping that with collinite 845. u can msg box me if u like to.

Post Thanks / Like

i currently have the porter cable new and unused which i may return to get the griots.
    that would be a wise choice...

Post Thanks / Like

hey mark if u still there, how bout a little info on speed setting with the griots. i have no idea on this. also some pad ( color) selection. i already have lake country pads. ccs in green and gray, and then i have the flat in white and black. i will be using xmt360 and then topping that with collinite 845. u can msg box me if u like to.
    Is your paint heavily swirled? Re-painted? XMT360 doesn't have much cut, but you should be able to get pretty good results with a white pad. With AIO's like XMT360, you don't want to use too aggressive of a pad, that defeats the purpose of using a "1-step" to finish good. Start off a speed 5, do a test spot, then inspect your results before you buff the whole car. If there's still swirling, step up to sped 6. The Griot's DA is very powerful!

rwright(Richard) answered in this thread probably knows more than me, maybe he'll chime in. Not sure if he has a Griot's DA, though?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast