autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Used Pc Once And Its F----- Already, Very Angry.

I used my PC on my sisters car today for about half an hour, just did some of her hood, and while I was doing it it was making this weird crackling sound, and it smelt like something was burning. I stopped, and a couple of hours later, I packed everything up. I plugged the PC in, switched the power on, it worked for a second and made loud crackling sounds,then it switched off. My PC doesn't turn on, I'VE USED IT ONCE AND ITS F----- ALREADY!!!

And the worst thing is I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA. GRRRRRRRRRR. What the f--- am I suppose to do now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen some people talk about this on the larger detailing boards, not sur eif it happened to anybody here. I remember looking into it and some units would start to give/smoke etc, weird part is it seems most are overseas that are having issues, I know some countries you have to be careful about the electric output and connections compared to the U.S., not sure how it is in Austrailia. You didn't happen to use a cheap extension cord did you? I know one person posted they used a long extension cord and it caused the machine to overheat b/c of the current draw.

Call AG tomorrow, they'll help.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a US unit? I believe the wattage in AUS is different than a US model. I believe you have 220 volt, while US units are 120 volts. What model do you have? Did you apply enough product?

Just curious, this could be your problem. I don't have any of those symptoms with my US unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't use an extension cord, I plugged the PC into an adapter then the adapter into my powerpoint, I'm so fkin pissed off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6LS2
    I didn't use an extension cord, I plugged the PC into an adapter then the adapter into my powerpoint, I'm so fkin pissed off.
    I didn't ask if you plugged it into an extension cord. Could you please re-read my post and answer some of the questions, so we can help sort out your problem and get it fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nick19
    I didn't ask if you plugged it into an extension cord. Could you please re-read my post and answer some of the questions, so we can help sort out your problem and get it fixed.
    You didn't but surfer did.........6LS2 did you get it from AG? if so give them a call and see whats up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wytstang
    You didn't but surfer did.........6LS2 did you get it from AG? if so give them a call and see whats up.
    I was in the process of responding, and my sister came in to talk to me for a minute.
    LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the PC7424 and I ordered it from AG. I'd rather email them then call because seeing as I live in Australia it costs alot to call and it's just hard.

Has this happened to anyone before, what happened, did you get a replacement or what..

Post Thanks / Like
    So did you use a wattage converter? I believe the standard voltage in AUS is 220-240 volts, meanwhile US voltage is 120v.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nick19
    So did you use a wattage converter? I believe the standard voltage in AUS is 220-240 volts, meanwhile US voltage is 120v.
    No I didn't, AG could've at least warned me seeing as they were SENDING TO AUSTRALIA. And I just realised my backing plate wont spin off, this thing is just full of fkn problems, who should I email.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast