autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the machine does jiggle, and move, but I don't know what "bit" you're talking about, sorry. Maybe another angle will prove better..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi 6LS2, i'm in the UK and we have a 220v mains supply so you have to use a step down transformer to 110v which you should be able to get from any tool shop. If you've already run at 220v then you may of just overheated the motor or worse case the motor has burnt out. Try it with the transformer and if that doesn't work speak very nicely to Porter and see about a new motor.
    As for the top bit this is just a cover for the spindle housing so you will get vibration from it.

Good luck mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys - a little empathy to 6LS2. Haven't we ALL at one time or another made a mistake in our haste and become frustrated and angry at the situation. Hope it works out for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    I would try contacting porter cable and telling them what happened with your unit. There is a link on their website to email them. www.portercable.com Good luck to you.

While you obviously bear the brunt of the responsibility for not knowing the difference between power wattage, I suspect that PC will do their best to replace if for you directly. You might need to pay some shipping, but you gotta take that as responsibility for error on your part. That doesnt mean I dont feel bad for you and this predictament.

If I walked into a store in Austrilia and bought a buffer or power tool, it really is my personal responsibility to know if its compatible with my current or power system. I seriously doubt some would even know different power setups are used in different areas of the world. I found out when wife bought a hairdryer and it came with 5 different adapters.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    OK one thing, guys lets watch the lanuage on here, PLEASE!

Next, here are the specs on the polisher from our site...

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Power: 120 VAC, 50-60 HZ/120 VDC
    Motor Amps: 3.7
    No-load Speed: 2,500-6,000 RPM
    Spindle Thread Size: Accepts 5/16 - 24
    Gear Drive: Spiral Bevel
    Wheel/Pad Size: 6"
    Length: 11 1/2
    Net Weight: 5 3/4 lbs.

Second, please send Jason an email at Jason@autogeek.net, he is our tech and would be the one to assist you.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6LS2
    I used my PC on my sisters car today for about half an hour, just did some of her hood, and while I was doing it it was making this weird crackling sound, and it smelt like something was burning. I stopped, and a couple of hours later, I packed everything up. I plugged the PC in, switched the power on, it worked for a second and made loud crackling sounds,then it switched off. My PC doesn't turn on, I'VE USED IT ONCE AND ITS F----- ALREADY!!!

And the worst thing is I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA. GRRRRRRRRRR. What the f--- am I suppose to do now.
    Sorry to hear this happen to you..Contacting mehgan or Jason would have given you the answers you need..placing your frustration on the boards will only get you feedback with no difinative answer..at least your able to vent a bit before sending off that Email

Wouldn't this vendor have been a better resource..the link is on AG Home page on the lower bottom..I hope your situation can be resolved..

https://www.waxit.com.au/default.asp

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    [COLOR=royalblue]I would try contacting porter cable and telling them what happened with your unit.
    Jen he didn't say there was an issue with his "UNIT"its his PC he is having a problem with ..you have a dirty mind

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent an email to porter cable earlier and I'm waiting for a response. Im going to go buy a volt converter tomorrow and HOPE it works, I'll try get it fixed if it doesnt, but I hope it does. I was so looking foward to using my PC on the weekend. Once again sorry for before I was just really upset, and still am

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6LS2
    I sent an email to porter cable earlier and I'm waiting for a response. Im going to go buy a volt converter tomorrow and HOPE it works, I'll try get it fixed if it doesnt, but I hope it does. I was so looking foward to using my PC on the weekend. Once again sorry for before I was just really upset, and still am
    Make sure that that converter can handle 3.7 AMPs, otherwise you will be wasting your time.
    What you basically want to get is an adapter, that will conver voltage form 220 volts to 110 volts, and yes again, it needs to handle 3.7 AMPs (I would even get one that can handle at lest 4.0-4.5 AMPs)

Good luck.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    Jen he didn't say there was an issue with his "UNIT"its his PC he is having a problem with ..you have a dirty mind
    Joe,
    You are hopelessly bad!!
    I am calling the wifey!!
    lol
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast