autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes 15ES Vibration

Hello guys

I got my Rupes 15ES yesterday from CG's and it's my first time using polishing machine. I used CG's Black MF pad with V36 on test spot and the machine vibrate really bad. Is that normal ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes 15ES Vibration

I have a few of the pads you have, try using a foam pad to get the feel of the machine.
    The MF pads are hard and don't give much at all.
    See if that helps then you can use any type of pad once you figure out the machine

Quote Originally Posted by Faris63 View Post
    Hello guys

I got my Rupes 15ES yesterday from CG's and it's my first time using polishing machine. I used CG's Black MF pad with V36 on test spot and the machine vibrate really bad. Is that normal ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have 5.5" LC flat pads coming this week with Menzerna PG1000, PF2500, SF4500 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

I just wanted to give the machine a try today it did pretty good on some carbon fiber parts I have laying around

Thanks for the tips

Post Thanks / Like

Hello.

I haven't used Rupes yet (unfortunately), however I was there at the first time one use a polisher.

After seeing Mike Phillips glide a polisher over a surface with EASE, I thought it would be as easy in my first ever use. Man, I was wrong.

My first experience with a DA was 15 minutes of 'panic', I thought I would not be capable for doing that, ever.

I'm answering to your topic (even without using Rupes), because my major complain was the vibration, and after mastering the machine, I could get rid of it, and start 'gliding smooth' like Mike Phillips demonstrations.

What I want to say is for you to encourage yourself and keep trying.

You'll have to improve your 'way to pick up' the machine, amount of product (to make the pad spin with less resistance), and practice to maintain the pad FLAT on the surface. Arm speed, machine speed, pressure, there are a lot of variables that have to be improved to allow you make a smooth use of any machine.

And this will only come with some time. For a DA, I believe in the second or third time you'll do a lot better, and keep improving every time you use it.

I would recommend you to, now that you started this experience, take a look at some videos (again) of people using your specific machine.

Observe the details you couldn't see while you haven't the machine yet. See how they position the machine, how they move it, etc.

I'm pretty sure you'll get over this in no time, you just have to insist a little.

Hope I've helped someway,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Faris63 View Post
    Hello guys

Thanks
    Make sure your pads are centered and don't forget to apply pressure

I have 4 RUPES polishers and NONE of them vibrate

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, correctly centering the pads (which I've not cited) is a think to observe.

Kind Regards.

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you guys for the info and tips I really appreciate it

I always center the pads first thing I learned from Mike YT videos. I learned so many things from AG YT channel and other channels. I will try to improve my polishing techniques with time

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome mate, I'm sure you will.

Like I've said, my first time using a DA polisher was a deception, one of the greatest I had in life (not exaggerating!) . I was feeling bad about ordering a polisher and products because in that small time I felt like I wouldn't get there. 'Fear' played a major role that time, also.

As the time goes by you'll feel comfortable with your tool, and being it a Rupes, when you both 'join in one' force to remove defects and polish to a high gloss, you'll feel really proud of what you done. Trust me, look forward, never look back!

I have to admit that polishing an entire car is not an easy task, even with the best polisher and polishes. It's time consuming, and it can make one really tired after all. Mental work is also consuming, as polishing is not only a 'physical' activity, it's a mental (extreme) activity as well.

To cite, my first application of a coating (easy 'physical task') made me more tired than if compounding an entire car. That's because I was so worried about proper application / to achieve best results, that my body was fine but my mind made me feel really tired. You have to find the best balance between physical and mental control while detailing.

Good luck,

Kind Regards.

― Isaac Newton

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pads being centered is huge, also the only time I had an odd vibration, the bolt on the backing plate was beginning to loosen.....

Post Thanks / Like

I got a few Rupes pads to try and the machine has ZERO vibration now. Tomorrow I'll receive the LC flat pads that I ordered from AG and begin polishing my car to maximize shine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast