autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: overusing a pc?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

overusing a pc?

I am looking into getting a pc, but i wanted to know is it possible to overuse a pc? how many times do you normally use it a year? will using it several times a year destroy my clearcoat over the years?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it more so depends what your using it with. A compound and a cutting pad, then yes, more than likely. A fine finishing pad and waxes, then not so much. Just be careful with wax build-up. Carnauba's are generally once every 2 months with no car inbetween.

Post Thanks / Like
    the pc is bulletproof. there is a reason why it is the go to tool for beginning detailers and even the pros seeking a DA polisher. You as an enthusiast, I do not think you will have a problem with over using the PC for quite some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    The general rule is to not polish your car more than 2 times a year. If you take proper care of your vehicle, you shouldn't need to do more than that and sometimes even less. Depending on how thick or hard your CC is, you COULD go damage it with a PC and using very aggressive combinations, but if you are listening to ANYTHING that we say on this board, you should be safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its like claying .... you use it when you need it. I polish 4X per year and clay around the same time on the daily drivers. I allow my friend to use my PC also. After 5 years of ownership its still running strong. Truly a must have item for detailing.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    The general rule is to not polish your car more than 2 times a year. If you take proper care of your vehicle, you shouldn't need to do more than that and sometimes even less. Depending on how thick or hard your CC is, you COULD go damage it with a PC and using very aggressive combinations, but if you are listening to ANYTHING that we say on this board, you should be safe.

I got a question, let’s say you polish it 2 times a year with the cutting and using the regular aggressive combinations. Well every time you wash the car doesn’t mean you have to polish it right? Can you use other pads to simply wax the car? See I was under the impression that you could wax anytime you wanted. I've learned that depend on what product you use and how often you use the vehicle the wax would last about 6 to 8 weeks. So once the 8 weeks are up you can simply wash the car and wax again using the PC....right?

Post Thanks / Like
    bulletproof, I don't know how many times I drop mind.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.