I have seen the many comments about the new vs traditional but I still see not much difference. There is more than one "traditional" technique. There are different efficiencies in any task like polishing.

In the "new" method, it appears that rather than putting a pattern of polish and then polishing and then the pad gets fully primed in several panels, in the new method you massage the polish thoroughly into the pad before starting to polish. I had done this to some extent without even knowing about the new method. Also, I had read it involves high pressure...I thought that was required anyway to get faster results -- as much pressure up to the point where the pad stops moving.

I get the view that the comparison is made to a polishing technique that is called traditional but we know if you do not prime the pad properly (nothing new about that) and do not apply sufficient pressure correction will take a long time.

As Mike was commenting, if you have two expert polishers using the new method versus another proven method, will one finish significantly faster with identical results? In a 8 hr job, unless the time savings is more than 1 hr is it really that more efficient?

I consider the shorter fixed working times of M105/M205 to be new. What is new about needing a primed pad?