autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Want To Buy Griots... BUT??

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You should use the paint cleaner before your next wax/sealant as it will remove the existing wax/sealant. I wish you had the extra money for the Wolfgang's 3.0 sealant. You need more white pads. Good luck!
    Why more white pads? What is your opinion of the Poorboy's sealant surfer? Have you used it before?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mavven77 View Post
    Not sure If you know but my car is a new 2009 Accord Beige Metallic, so I should be ok with the white pad.

Ok as per your suggestions
    Wash
    Clay
    TSR: White Pad
    Glaze: Blue Pad
    Sealant: Red Pad
    WAX: Red Pad

So you say after all this, a week or so later to use the paint cleaner after the wash?

And what is your opinion of the poorboy's sealant?

BTW Thanks for your fast reply and advice
    You are quite welcome. Since I do not know the exact condition of your Honda I suggested to start with less aggressive method. The white pad and sip is not that aggressive so start with that and if that isn't working you will need to try the orange pad.

Your order of steps are just fine as long as the white pad cleans up any swirls or defects.

As far as your next wash I like to do a wipe down with paint cleaner after every wash so your have a nice clean foundation for the lsp.

The Poorboys sealant to me never really lasted that long and didn't have that shine or gloss I was after. I prefer the Wolfgang selant or another that AG does not sell, plus I am more of a wax guy-lol.
    Last edited by ASPHALT ROCKET; 11-23-2009 at 02:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Why more white pads? What is your opinion of the Poorboy's sealant surfer? Have you used it before?
    Reason being is that is the most used pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Asphalt said... most used pad. I have and although very slick, it doesn't last. Wolfgangs 3.0 is a better sealant, but I like Blackfire Wet Diamond the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw like Dana I'm a nuba freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Mavven77, Congrats on the purchase of your new Griot's Garage DA. I purchased a "GG" after attending the classes taught by Mike Phillips @ "AG". I was fortunate enough to have such a wonderful opportunity to use all of the "DA's" that "AG" offers: Meg's, PC, Flex, & GG (sorry if I forgot any). I kept an open mind during my test sessions while using all of them on the test hoods they have for the class training sessions. I personally kept going back to the "GG" everytime, after I tried the others. The "GG" just felt right for me with regard to power, speed settings, ease of use, correction ability, weight, etc. Yes if you apply too much pressure you can stop the "GG" from rotating, so practice will make you better. I don't think that anything can replace or even come close to actual hands-on testing of a product. I know that I wouldn't have purchased one over the web based soley on a article / advertisement. I think you have some sound advice from others here that have replied to your thread. The only other suggestions I can make would be to purchase (when you can) would be different backing plates (smaller one's) & the carpet brush attachment, spot buffing for tight area's. "OMG" the carpet brush & some spot remover will tackle even the worst carpets, floormats & you get to use a machine!!! Then onto glass polishing, guess what I'm trying to say is the uses & versatility are endless. Plus the more you use it the more you'll love it. I wish you the best & Happy Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to close this post and clean it up appears some members are not acting appropriately in this thread. I hate to see this but I will take care of it!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mchess1 View Post
    First off, I apologize for the continuation of the thread jack below.

As someone certified to teach diversity, one of the first things we discuss in class is the difference between intent and impact.

Dana, since I have read about you helping many folks on this forum, including others who I respect their opinions, I believe that your intent is to help and guide others.

I will say that in many posts your impact on ME (you should never speak for others) is that you seem to be talking down to those with less experience.

Nice post, very insightful.

Forum Rules

“On our AutogeekOnline forums, we are here to learn and have fun. Our forum is a friendly environment, so please make your posts accordingly, and keep your avatar/signature friendly.

Foul language, attacking others, personal threats, inappropriate images/links, etc. will NOT be tolerated.

Respect must always be shown to ALL members. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

As pointed out in our forum rules and as a good rule of thumb try to follow the sage advice of Thumper

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

I would suggest to the Original Poster that when he gets to the point of showing pictures of his results that he starts a new thread.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567