autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Want To Buy Griots... BUT??

Quote Originally Posted by mavven77 View Post
    I am a noob to all this stuff... Why does the Griots not get the same attention as the Porter Cable?
    We do have more kits in the works.
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    We do have more kits in the works.
    Jason, can the customer just call in and have a kit made for them then to make it easy.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    That is a big difference and the Griots does not have much more power than the PC.
    I think you are incorrect, have a look at the wattage ratings of the different polishers, (that is the true story on electric motors).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lariat350 View Post
    I think you are incorrect, have a look at the wattage ratings of the different polishers, (that is the true story on electric motors).
    I understand that and have one. Before I will speak on anything I use the products to find what they can and can not do. So I will stick with my above comment-not true- since I have used the different pads on both machines.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it the Griot's Version 2 that you have used?, or are you referring to Version 1?.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the Griot's Version 2 that you have used?, or are you referring to Version 1?.
    I have the new one.

Post Thanks / Like

both the PCXP and the Griots have 2500-6800 OPM's.

Post Thanks / Like

He said it doesn't have MUCH more power then the PC. Not, it doesn't have more power.

Griots=7-AMP 850 watt motor
    PCXP=4.5-AMP 500 watt motor

Both have the same OPM's

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone who responded and gave there advice and opinions. Sorry for the late response but I get home late from work every night.

OK so here we go... I have been thinking about this all day. I am going to pull the trigger tomorrow and purchase the griots polisher for sure. As some of you know i made my first detailing products purchase the other day and it arrived yesterday.

It consists of Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay, P21S Paintwork Cleanser, DP Max Wax, and Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer.

Since I have already purchased these products (which were initially going to be applied by hand) I don't think I am in need of any kits at the moment. I do have a few key questions though?

Should I purchase Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant and apply it after the Paintwork cleanser step?
    Should I then allow the 3.0 to cure for 12 hours and then also apply a coat of DP Max WAX?
    Should I even bother applying the Pinnacle XMT after the above 2 steps mentioned?

Should I buy a white pad for the cleanser?
    What color pad should I use for the sealant?
    Should I buy a Gray or Blue Pad for the DP Max Wax?

For the record my car is a brand new 2009 Honda Accord, the color is called Bold Beige Metallic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mavven77 View Post
    First and foremost I would like to thank everyone who responded and gave there advice and opinions. Sorry for the late response but I get home late from work every night.

OK so here we go... I have been thinking about this all day. I am going to pull the trigger tomorrow and purchase the griots polisher for sure. As some of you know i made my first detailing products purchase the other day and it arrived yesterday.

It consists of Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay, P21S Paintwork Cleanser, DP Max Wax, and Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer.

Since I have already purchased these products (which were initially going to be applied by hand) I don't think I am in need of any kits at the moment. I do have a few key questions though?

Should I purchase Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant and apply it after the Paintwork cleanser step?
    Should I then allow the 3.0 to cure for 12 hours and then also apply a coat of DP Max WAX?
    Should I even bother applying the Pinnacle XMT after the above 2 steps mentioned?

Should I buy a white pad for the cleanser?
    What color pad should I use for the sealant?
    Should I buy a Gray or Blue Pad for the DP Max Wax?

For the record my car is a brand new 2009 Honda Accord, the color is called Bold Beige Metallic.
    First of all you will need a light polish and a white pad. Then finish down with a gray pad. If I were using the Wolfgang 3.0 sealant I would skip the Paintwork cleaner and just use plain 50/50 alcohol to clean the paint after polishing. It you were to use Max Wax then I would use the painwork cleaner. Yes, 3.0 needs to cure for 12 hrs. with no moisture or dew on the paint. This gives the polymers time to cross link and bond to the paint. You can leave the 3.0 by it self or top it with max wax, your choice. Use a gray or blue pad which has no cut for the cleaner, wax, or sealant. All three are so easy to apply and remove I perfer to do it by hand. Again, your choice.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast