autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Want To Buy Griots... BUT??

Let's not forget that the Porter Cable has interchangeable backing plates so you can use one polisher for 3" pads all the way up to 6.5" pads. This is perfect for anyone buying their first machine because one machine will provide true paint correction and excellent versatility; using smaller pads for harder to reach or smaller areas.

Not to mention that the Porter Cable has been around longer, is far more popular, and has a better reputation. Finally, there are several aftermarket backing plates for the Porter Cable as well as other accessories that make the PC7424 more diverse in application. You can even buy carpet, leather, and upholstery brushes which stick onto the 3"+ backing plate for high-speed interior cleaning.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Let's not forget that the Porter Cable has interchangeable backing plates so you can use one polisher for 3" pads all the way up to 6.5" pads. This is perfect for anyone buying their first machine because one machine will provide true paint correction and excellent versatility; using smaller pads for harder to reach or smaller areas.

Not to mention that the Porter Cable has been around longer, is far more popular, and has a better reputation. Finally, there are several aftermarket backing plates for the Porter Cable as well as other accessories that make the PC7424 more diverse in application. You can even buy carpet, leather, and upholstery brushes which stick onto the 3"+ backing plate for high-speed interior cleaning.
    The Griot's V2 has the same backing plate style and size the PC has now, so you can swap out pad son the Griot's too now, unless the V1 of the Griot's.

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot Garage is alot more power full the the PC. The Griot Garage is more like the Flex DA but smaller more compact and easier to use. It is powerfull enougth to power a 6'' pad with is pretty impressive for a DA. Since you are knew to a DA I would recommand the Pinnacle Advance Swirl Remover, Pinnacle Advance Polish, and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (I believe that is on of the kits) or Wolfgnag 3.0 TSR, Wolfgang 3.0 Finishing glaze, and Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant. These are great kit to start off and learn with. Both kits work very well and are very easy to use.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the same place as you and I went with the Griots. Originally I thought I would go the PC but after lots of grains of salt as well as some education on the subject that a few people gave me I went with the Griots.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    The Griot Garage is alot more power full the the PC. The Griot Garage is more like the Flex DA but smaller more compact and easier to use. It is powerfull enougth to power a 6'' pad with is pretty impressive for a DA. Since you are knew to a DA I would recommand the Pinnacle Advance Swirl Remover, Pinnacle Advance Polish, and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (I believe that is on of the kits) or Wolfgnag 3.0 TSR, Wolfgang 3.0 Finishing glaze, and Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant. These are great kit to start off and learn with. Both kits work very well and are very easy to use.
    There is no comparison with the Griot's DA and the Flex DA. The Flex has forced rotation that makes it a night and day comparison. The Griot DA is smilar to the Porter Cable, maybe a tad more powerful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    There is no comparison with the Griot's DA and the Flex DA. The Flex has forced rotation that makes it a night and day comparison. The Griot DA is smilar to the Porter Cable, maybe a tad more powerful.
    That is basically the only diffrance. i have used the PC Griot Flex and Meg DA. The closest to the flex is the Griot.
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

That is basically the only diffrance. i have used the PC Griot Flex and Meg DA. The closest to the flex is the Griot.
    That is a big difference and the Griots does not have much more power than the PC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    That is a big difference and the Griots does not have much more power than the PC.
    Your right but there enough power difference to notice. Also if you put 6'' pads on both the PC and Griot Garage you will see the difference.
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Your right but there enough power diffrance to notice. Also if you put 6'' pads on both the PC and Griot Garage you will see the difference.
    Since I can't understand your first sentence, I will comment on the second one. That is not true.

Post Thanks / Like

True, but still not even close to the Flex DA.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast