autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need Advice!!

Post Thanks / Like

Need Advice!!

I am going to purchase the new Griots machine, I have a pc that I use 4 inch edge pads with but with the new one I am looking for larger pads due to more power, I think I am going to use the LC pads but which ones??? The kompressors? the flat ones? the hydrotechs??? Should I get 5.5 or 6.5?? I am going to get a flexible backing plate but I am not sure where to go next. I want to order soon as I have to clean my stangs ASAP. I know that many people have asked before but your patience is appreciated. Thanks for any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Advice!!

Griot's Garage 6" DA Polisher includes a 6" hook-and-look backing plate. You can use Griot's Garage Pads or Lake Country Pads or Cobra Pads or whatever.

I highly recommend the new Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5" Pads because you only have to get Cyan and Tangerine Pads instead of like 80 different pads.

The Cyan has heavy cut and finishes down pretty nicely. The Tangerine has lighter cut and finishes down perfect, ready for wax. I highly suggest Menzerna polishes, such as Super Intensive Polish for use with Cyan Pads, followed by Super Finish for use with Tangerine Pads. SIP and Cyan has pretty heavy cut; I don't know what kind of shape the car is in so you may not need to go that aggressive.
    Last edited by Emile; 11-02-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Griot's Garage 6" DA Polisher includes a 6" hook-and-look backing plate. You can use Griot's Garage Pads or Lake Country Pads or Cobra Pads or whatever.

I highly recommend the new Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5" Pads because you only have to get Cyan and Tangerine Pads instead of like 80 different pads.

The Cyan has heavy cut and finishes down pretty nicely. The Tangerine has lighter cut and finishes down perfect, ready for wax. I highly suggest Menzerna polishes, such as Super Intensive Polish for use with Cyan Pads, followed by Super Finish for use with Tangerine Pads. SIP and Cyan has pretty heavy cut; I don't know what kind of shape the car is in so you may not need to go that aggressive.
    Would you recommend the Hydro pads for a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like

+1

The only thing I would change is go with the Wolfgang Total swirl remover combo, and that's pretty much the same as the SIP/SF. Menzerna makes the WG Polishes. You will really like the Hydro-Tech pads.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Would you recommend the Hydro pads for a rotary?
    Never touched a rotary in my life so I can't help you out there.

FWIW, Menzerna SIP + Cyan HydroTech + Flex 3401 DA = LSP ready finish on my Dark Gray Metallic Subaru.
    08 Subaru WRX

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, emile sound like a winner to me. I just purchased the Flex 3401 very happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Never touched a rotary in my life so I can't help you out there.

FWIW, Menzerna SIP + Cyan HydroTech + Flex 3401 DA = LSP ready finish on my Dark Gray Metallic Subaru.
    Wow LSP ready with SIP, amazing. I could see 106FA being LSP ready, but SIP. Hydro pads must be a miracle pad. Not trying to be funny just amazed.
    Last edited by Rsurfer; 11-02-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

On my Dark Gray Metallic vehicle, yes. I don't think the Hydro Tech Pads have quite as much cut as advertised and Menzerna polishes are so damn glossy.

The areas that I tested with SIP & Cyan were followed up with 106FA & Tangerine but I noticed no difference in the finish, even when doing a 50/50 comparison.
    08 Subaru WRX