autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    geez, i think i bought mine from pinnacle.com. Will they still back it up if need be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempered
    Well, I spent 2 hours trying to find one in town with no luck so I got desperate and used some epoxy to glue it back on. If that doesn't work I will try to use the crappy white pad that comes with the PC. Although I dont have a pic I did a search and found someone had a similar problem. Although his was just starting to seperate mine had come completly apart. Basically the foam came loose from the plastic.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...5&d=1153668398

It was very hot when it came apart. I had been running pretty much non stop for a few hours (Corvette clearcoat sux btw). I picked up a shorter and heavier gauge ext cord in hopes that it will help keep the heat down.

Since I am leaving early Monday I will have to wait until I get back from my vacation to call. I will try to use my repaired backing plate tomorrow to finish up. Wish me luck!
    Corvette clearcoat sux. Hmmm. How old was your vette? What did you use product/pad wise? mine is only 3 months old but I dont know what to start with and everybody says something different. i ordered all pinnacle stuff and lc pads.... ?? thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    geez, i think i bought mine from pinnacle.com. Will they still back it up if need be?
    I don't see why not, they are affiliated with Autogeek.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    Corvette clearcoat sux. Hmmm. How old was your vette? What did you use product/pad wise? mine is only 3 months old but I dont know what to start with and everybody says something different. i ordered all pinnacle stuff and lc pads.... ?? thank you
    The clear coat on C5 vettes is very hard. I have even heard some say it is the worst on the 2001 - 2004 models (mine is an 02). I don't think it is as problematic on the C6.

I used the 3M line but was not really happy with it. It had a lot of dusting and I found out the line I bought contains silicates (a carcinogen). I plan to order the XMT series soon as a replacement.

I am also considering buying the Edge2000 pad system specifcally because I need to run the PC at high speeds and getting the LC pads perfectly centered is a PIA and I usually end up with a lot of vibration.

I would check with some C6 people here or at the corvette forum for your specific application, but I think your choice is good. Just start off with the least abrasive combo and work your way up until you find what works best.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    we guarantee products offered by AG ... thus in most cases it would be replaced unless some tampering or physical evidence suggested something sinister. In most cases ... a simple replacement is mailed.
    Hi,

My PC and BP + pads are is being sent to Singapore to me as we speak. May I know what are your replacement policies for international orders? Just in case...

Thanks

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure we would take care of any issues ... that said, we pulled all the backing plates from that lot (believed to be the culprit) and returned to the manufacturer so should be no further issues.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure we would take care of any issues ... that said, we pulled all the backing plates from that lot (believed to be the culprit) and returned to the manufacturer so should be no further issues.

Scott

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123