autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

08 Black Honda Fit, got Zaino products and a PC wth LC pads, where to start?

What's up fellas? I bought my 08 fit sport last july and haven't got around to detailing it until now. I got all Zaino products from when I used to detail my S2000. Here is what I have to work with right now: PC with LC orange, green, white, black 6.5" pads, 5.5" backing plate, Z7 wash, Z6 detail spray, Z5, Z2,ZPC, Z18 clay bars, bucket wth grit guard, and the triplets (AIO, ZCS, and Z8 Believe it is?suppose to be Z6 on steroids?). My fit has some swirls,bird bomb stains, spider webbing, and so forth. I can't post pics up because I'm at work on my blackberry. I just want to know what I should do to get the car prepped for applyiing the product on this weekend. Also what pads to use with what product? I will be working under a EZ up canopy too because my new home dosent have a garage I am a detail junkie and want to learn to do this correctly. Thanks in advanced to everyone who can help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 08 Black Honda Fit, got Zaino products and a PC wth LC pads, where to start?

NM close this thread, read rules and I'm going to comply with AG rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 08 Black Honda Fit, got Zaino products and a PC wth LC pads, where to start?

No need to close post, you are not linking other products. You are more than free to speak about Zaino.

Remember Zaino only offers one real polish, its the green ZPC. I find it personally to be a very light polish (finishing) and should be used with a white or light pad at best. Alot of Zaino crowd have moved to Menzerna SIP and Nano over on the Corvette forum for more polishing power. Then lay down a couple coats of Z5Pro followed by some sprays of Z8 . WOW !

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the info. I am thinking of making the menzerna shift... I want to buy a kit type deal though, also what are your thoughts on Do do juice super natural. Also whats the difference in applying soft and hard waxes? Thanks in advanced?

Post Thanks / Like

Look to the Ceramiclear Kits ...its super effective and Nano and SIP are the two polishes often used.

I am still testing and playing with the Dodo line. I love the look of Hard Candy and Supernatural but application and removal is so different (I hate to use the word harder) than Pinnacle and Fuzion. I really thing for the $$ I would stick with Pinnacle Souveran Paste.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have ZPC. I really have not been all that impressed with it. It seems, at best, to have just a little more cut than Final Polish II. I just got some 106FA, but I have not gotten around to using it yet. For the last few years, I've been using Intensive Polish (white pad for moderate swirls and orange pad for deeper swirls and the Final Polish II with a white pad. The combo has been very good to me on my former ride, a black Acura TL-S.
    If you do get the Menzerna polishes, make sure you do either a 50/50 H2O/ISO wipedown or wipe the entire car with Z6 after polishing. Zaino will not bond with the paint because of the oils in the Menzerna polishes.

Post Thanks / Like

I will post pics tonight when I get home of the before and after... I spent the whole weekend working the Zaino product. White pad with ZPC, 3 coats of Z5 applied with black pad, 3 coats of Z2 applied with black pad, Z6 between each coat, Z8 and ZCS to top everything off. The results were deep and glossy shine, but still had swirls, light scrathes, and has the hologram look. I want to get a better product and pad combo... Menzerna has got my eye right now, do you guys agree?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by undrpressure23 View Post
    I will post pics tonight when I get home of the before and after... I spent the whole weekend working the Zaino product. White pad with ZPC, 3 coats of Z5 applied with black pad, 3 coats of Z2 applied with black pad, Z6 between each coat, Z8 and ZCS to top everything off. The results were deep and glossy shine, but still had swirls, light scrathes, and has the hologram look. I want to get a better product and pad combo... Menzerna has got my eye right now, do you guys agree?
    Doesn't it just suck when you go through all those steps and then you find out you still have swirls? It's happened to me a few times too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    Doesn't it just suck when you go through all those steps and then you find out you still have swirls? It's happened to me a few times too.
    It pretty much pissed me off, So I want something that can get the job done right. Plus by doing this work this weekend I figured how to improve my process. So I'm not that mad. Its a learning curve right now.

Post Thanks / Like

ZPC will remove some very light swirls do not excpect any real correction from it. I would look into other products for polishing and use your Zaino for protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast