autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Sounds like you're using the wrong tool for the job. If you have to crank the PC up to a point that it's destroying BP's then it's time to pull out the rotary.
    I have to agree with this statement. I seldom run my PC at speed 6, I don't use Megs Burgandy cutting pads on the PC anymore. I run at speed 5 quite often but I've had a backing plate melt and I've had pads come apart. I haven't had a problem with Edge pads and have used the heck out of them but they don't see 6. If I feel like it needs this kind of attention I get the rotary out.

When it comes to a persons worth, money is a lousy way to keep score.
    - GH

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidity
    Here is what your edge pad will look like if it self destructs. Jason has already replaced this for me... This is just to counter surfer's point that the edge pads are without reproach.
    I think I saw your post on Detailcity. Not saying the Edges are undestructable, but I've used mine on our 3 suvs and 2 cars, and even using my orange and green cutting pad with Optimum Compound and pressure the pads looks fine. I'm very hard on them. I've even caught a few on certain edges, my 4" orange pad Aaron made me is showing a little wear around the center but I used the hell out of it on certain spots and on all our glass with both AIO and DP glass restorer, whats weird is the 4" orange doesn't seem as stiff as the 6" ones.

I have to use speed 5 then finish up with 6 with OC and OP or I get some slight marring since those products take longer to break down and can be worked and worked. Unlike others that break down almost immedietley. I
    Last edited by Surfer; 08-14-2006 at 09:41 AM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well hopefully I just got a bad batch or something. I used my blue pad this weekend without any issue. I guess I'm just not as confident since my first time out with them went badly. The reason I went with edge pads over LC is because of people like Surfer who have had great success with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidity
    Well hopefully I just got a bad batch or something. I used my blue pad this weekend without any issue. I guess I'm just not as confident since my first time out with them went badly. The reason I went with edge pads over LC is because of people like Surfer who have had great success with them.
    My buddy who only used hook and loop before is the one who turned me on to them. He won't even bother with all the other pads he has laying around now, gave most to a buddy of his. Did you catch something?, that's an awfully large chunk missing. I've caught certain edges on our vehicles with no tears, sometimes just a litte mark, pretty impressed as one time the damn pc almost shot out of my hand.
    Last edited by Surfer; 08-14-2006 at 10:01 AM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    My buddy who only used hook and loop before is the one who turned me on to them. He won't even bother with all the other pads he has laying around now, gave most to a buddy of his. Did you catch something?, that's an awfully large chunk missing. I've caught certain edges on our vehicles with no tears, sometimes just a litte mark, pretty impressed as one time the damn pc almost shot out of my hand.
    I had one that was wet fly off and rack me when I tried to dry it by spinning it on 6 THAT my friends, was a bad day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    I had one that was wet fly off and rack me when I tried to dry it by spinning it on 6 THAT my friends, was a bad day.
    LMAO, guess my buddy was lucky, his just seperated on speed 6 and flew when it hit the ground, a pad spinning at 6K rpm is gonna be like a bat outta hell when it hits lol. Don't think I'd want to get hit by a pad spinning that fast.
    The real WyStang:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12