autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question PLEASE HELP A NEWIE w PC

Ok, so I got my PC 7336 last week and ordered a Pinnacle Swirl Remover Kit with LC pads, XMT #3, XMT #1, etc. I could barely contain myself all week and was excited to wash and detail my wife's 2005 Black Altima 3.5SL. Here was my process:

Wash with MG Gold Class (using back and forth, no circles)
    Dry with Ultimate Guzzler
    Clay with Mother's Clay Kit (I know next time I will go with Pinnacle)
    Wash with MG Gold Class
    Dry with Ultimate Guzzler
    Pulled it to the garage to begin swirl removal

I started off with XMT #1 on the Orange LC pad and began with the PC on 2 to spread it around. Then once spread it around I went up to 5 and worked it in going side to side and then up and down (I watched that video on here and tried to follow that). After doing this for several minutes I removed the polish with a MF towel and sure enough swirls were still there. So I next tried the XMT #3 polish with the same method and I swear the swirls are still there and it might even look worse. I then freaked out and am here now!!! I did clean the Orange Pad with Pad Cleaner before I got on the computer!!

I know this might be hard to help via the Internet, but any idea of what I am doing wrong. Couple of questions:

- How many passes or how much time should I be spending on each section?
    - How much pressure should I be putting on?
    - Is it ok or normal to have a couple of swirls even with the Orange/#3 Combo and then those will go away if I then apply #1, the Glaze and Souveran.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you made the same mistake I made. You probably didn't work the polish long enough. I would go with a white pad and the XMT #2 if you have it. Make sure you work this long enough for the polish to really start breaking down. That's crucial....which I did not do my first time polishing. Also, it may seem like you're working it a long time but in reality, you're probably not from the sounds of it. If you have a timer, that might be useful too.

Also, check this thread out. It was one I started after not having ideal results my first time.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ead.php?t=1168

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emaxxman
    It sounds like you made the same mistake I made. You probably didn't work the polish long enough. I would go with a white pad and the XMT #2 if you have it. Make sure you work this long enough for the polish to really start breaking down. That's crucial....which I did not do my first time polishing. Also, it may seem like you're working it a long time but in reality, you're probably not from the sounds of it. If you have a timer, that might be useful too.

Also, check this thread out. It was one I started after not having ideal results my first time.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ead.php?t=1168

this is the biggest offering, and one that consistently needs reinforcing. A PC is a very safe tool, but as such, you are going to need to work longer and a little harder. That said, efforts pay off with patience.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still learning. Got timing done finally... Now it's how much pressure.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help!!! I will try this afternoon working the polish in better and applying a little more pressure. I guess I had the first time gitters!!!