autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Newby question

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newby question

I have recently received my PC and My question is (I know this is dumb) polish and waxing two different things?

I just got all my stuff from autogeek (I have the pinnacle souveran wax), but was wondering if it was ok to use any liquid wax on a PC with a white pad?

What products are use to protect?

I have always just washed and waxed the car.....had it clayed a few times, but not sure about the protect part.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newby question

polishing and waxing are two different things.

polishing -- using an abrasive paste to abrade the surface removing old paint, oxidation, contaminents, and light swirl marks.

waxing --- protecting the finish

You can use a liquid wax and even Souveran Paste with a finishing pad (blue) for wax application. Use a slower speed (around 3) and never use an abrasive foam pad. For best results polish first with a good polish (polishes come in light versions called Finishing and all the way to super abrasive called compounds, they are often also called swirl removers) and then wax to protect.

Wash -- Clay --- Polish --- Protect (steps in order)

you can use waxes (carnauba based) and synthetic waxes (often called paint sealants) as your protection as wanted. Since you have Souveran, again a great offering. If you want to use both for increased durability, use the sealant first and then top with the pure wax Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newby question

Quote Originally Posted by D C View Post
    I have recently received my PC and My question is (I know this is dumb) polish and waxing two different things?

I just got all my stuff from autogeek (I have the pinnacle souveran wax), but was wondering if it was ok to use any liquid wax on a PC with a white pad?

What products are use to protect?

I have always just washed and waxed the car.....had it clayed a few times, but not sure about the protect part.
    if you want to protect your paint and not polish your best bet is too apply a glaze first and then your sealant and then 4 coats of souveran I like 4* upp for a sealant and top off with souveran

If you apply the wax viva pc use blk blue or red pads to apply I like to put souveran on the whole car and then go back and buff with PC
    I am a underachieving at overachieving and feel good about it