autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Need clarification.. Edge Orange pads... Light cut or Heavy cut?

Just curious.... for some reason I thought the orange Edge pads sold by AG were "Light Cut", at least they are described as light cut. However... the Edge pads discussed here.....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...dge-vs-lc.html

....... shows that the orange pad is one of the most aggresive pads Edge makes. (see page 2 then follow the link provided by Aaron)

The main reason Im asking this is because I was about to order some Edge pads and after a little research I stumbled upon this slight confliction. The confliction is AGs site sells orange pads as "Light Cut"... not heavy cut. I was even able to confirm that the orange Edge pads were considered "Heavy Cut" based on searching on competitors retail sites.

Now... I am aware that in some cases there are pads made to accomodate certain dealers, or better yet considered "exclusives." Maybe this is the case?.?.?.?

Any help would be appreciated.... looking to place an order hopefully by the end of the day Monday to take advantage of the current AG discount.

Thanks in advance...
    ----2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition----
    --------------------568rwhp/551rwtq---------------------
    -D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-11psi-

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need clarification.. Edge Orange pads... Light cut or Heavy cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeance View Post
    Just curious.... for some reason I thought the orange Edge pads sold by AG were "Light Cut", at least they are described as light cut. However... the Edge pads discussed here.....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...dge-vs-lc.html

....... shows that the orange pad is one of the most aggresive pads Edge makes. (see page 2 then follow the link provided by Aaron)

The main reason Im asking this is because I was about to order some Edge pads and after a little research I stumbled upon this slight confliction. The confliction is AGs site sells orange pads as "Light Cut"... not heavy cut. I was even able to confirm that the orange Edge pads were considered "Heavy Cut" based on searching on competitors retail sites.

Now... I am aware that in some cases there are pads made to accomodate certain dealers, or better yet considered "exclusives." Maybe this is the case?.?.?.?

Any help would be appreciated.... looking to place an order hopefully by the end of the day Monday to take advantage of the current AG discount.

Thanks in advance...
    I was looking at that chart and it seems as if the orange pads are the heaviest cut of their category, but should not be directly compared to the standard (black, green, etc) pads. Notice it says the orange is a heavy cut pad but can also be used to apply waxes...this leads me to believe that the orange pad is considered the heaviest cutting pad of its category, but when compared to the standard pads, it would fall into the category of a light cutting pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need clarification.. Edge Orange pads... Light cut or Heavy cut?

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    I was looking at that chart and it seems as if the orange pads are the heaviest cut of their category, but should not be directly compared to the standard (black, green, etc) pads. Notice it says the orange is a heavy cut pad but can also be used to apply waxes...this leads me to believe that the orange pad is considered the heaviest cutting pad of its category, but when compared to the standard pads, it would fall into the category of a light cutting pad.
    Thank you very much Matt. I will be placing my order this evening.
    ----2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition----
    --------------------568rwhp/551rwtq---------------------
    -D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-11psi-