autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Pad chart.........

Was seaching on what to buy soon for the Flex. I have Menzerna Nano, was thinking of buying some white pads but according to the chart.... for Nano use Green, for SIP use Orange .......why is the white pad not appropriate for Menzerna products? I just have spider swirls on a Honda and thought Nano with a white pad would do it. I guess that is wrong??

Howard

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Pad chart.........

I have used LC white pads with menz and no problem
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Pad chart.........

The use of a duel level foam pad (primary / secondary) / single polish correction system; will change the way each polish works in accordance to which pad you use (i.e. use a polishing pad followed by a finishing pad) and will really heighten the paint finish shine.

They appear to work better when the foam pad is ‘primed’ a very slightly distilled water dampened foam as it stops the pad absorbing to much product and provides a longer ‘working’ time; do not use a quick detailer (QD) as most are formulated with either a wax or a polymer; however they are not easily adaptable to a spray formula.

To be efficient they need to be emulsified to work as a spray, to facilitate this they need to use an emulsion of silicone oils and water. The wax will reduce the friction heat, negatively impacting the diminishing abrasives; silicon-based products can also have a negative effect on the surface / polish lubrication oils used by Menzerna causing surface smearing.

(PO 106FA) *Finishing 22911 the up-rated version of P0 106FF, this polish is formulated with very finely milled micro abrasives so they don’t require much to ‘breakdown’ and won’t cause surface marring. They have a sharp edge that can cut ceramic clear coats as well as the more conventional clear coats, It will remove 2500 - 3000 grit, for surface finishing, cut: 2.5 – gloss 5.0, for LSP ready use a primed White polishing (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) followed by a Blue Final finishing (100 PPI) LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM To finesse the finish even more use PO85RD3.02 with a Blue Final finishing (100 PPI) LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

Menzerna Polishes-
    Methodology Part I - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/11443-menzerna-polishes-methodology-part-i.html

Methodology Part II - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...y-part-ii.html