autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: flex question

Post Thanks / Like

flex question

Could someone tell me the mdel number of the flex that is the one that every one is buying. I have a friend that can get these thru his work and he needs the number thank you in advance. Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Re: flex question

here ya go

Autogeek Store

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately the official word is they are sold out all across America. So unless someone has the old unit on shelve with the bad backing plate, it could be awhile before he gets one too. I can tell you that most units are going to several of the biggest detailing houses as soon as they hit the states. Good luck in your hunt ...

Post Thanks / Like

The old units with the bad backing plate? Please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    So unless someone has the old unit on shelve with the bad backing plate, it could be awhile before he gets one too.
    Considering difference between "old" and "new" unit is just in the backing plate included, that not all old style bps have experienced velcro separation during use (at least mine hasn't) to be able to declare them "bad" period, that "issue" is easily fixable in "field" if one needs to, plus "final style" bp replacements are being shipped out from main distributor for free, and cost $14-ish at worst, grabbing "old" unit of the shelf if one finds it is actually a non-issue and a no brainer, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

personally, when I buy something I want the newest edition and one that will likely work from start straight from the box. I dont wanna go fishing around with a manufacturer to get the updates, and the hassle of lost in mail and other items that can in turn come with hit. Thats why I offered you might find a couple laying on shelves that most have overlooked while waiting for the updated units. (Ex. My HD-DVD player from Toshiba has an upgrade to software which is free to consumer, yet each time I call for free disc its backordered)

We know the backing plate "can" be an issue, now or in the future, so why not be honest and upfront with the consumer and allow them the choice. Peace !
    Last edited by ScottB; 12-30-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

personally, when I buy something I want the newest edition and one that will likely work from start straight from the box.
    Are you implying "edition" that was also sold by AG did not work straight from the box?

We know the backing plate "can" be an issue, now or in the future, so why not be honest and upfront with the consumer and allow them the choice.
    I am all for facts, honesty, being upfront with the consumer, and allowing them the choice. Hence my previous post.

Post Thanks / Like

I will end it on this front ... if I bought a 299.99 item and used it a couple times and it fell apart, part of me would rather return it versus keep it. Maybe its only a backing plate, but lord knows this buffer has only been out and used for a couple months and already this problem has surfaced. Add in that the backing plate is not currently interchangable or upgradable, and I dont want a 300 toy sitting in the garage gathering dust while manufacturer comes up with and fills orders for those with damage backing plates. Especially consider Makita and Festool make similar offerings without the backing plate issue currently.

Thus I will patiently wait for the next unit with updates, and hope it is as sturdy as my PC has been for 5 years without a single issue. If you havent figured it out, I do want a Flex .... I just expect more from it based upon its price.
    Last edited by ScottB; 01-01-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wonder just how much of an issue the original bp is. I mean of ALL the Flex users I have conversed with I have yet to find a SINGLE one that has had the red bp have the velcro seperate. I wonder if this was just an isolated instance and Flex saw that the design COULD be an issue so rather than take the chance of having some dissatisfied customers they went ahead and corrected a POTENTIAL problem.

Like I said I have yet to come across a Flex owner who has had an issue. I used my Flex many many times before my replacement bp came in and didn't have a single issue with the velcro seperating. In fact once I got my replacement bp I had a friend put my red one in a milling machine and machine it down to 5" for me and the velcro has still yet to seperate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacker92 View Post
    I really wonder just how much of an issue the original bp is. I mean of ALL the Flex users I have conversed with I have yet to find a SINGLE one that has had the red bp have the velcro seperate. I wonder if this was just an isolated instance and Flex saw that the design COULD be an issue so rather than take the chance of having some dissatisfied customers they went ahead and corrected a POTENTIAL problem.

Like I said I have yet to come across a Flex owner who has had an issue. I used my Flex many many times before my replacement bp came in and didn't have a single issue with the velcro seperating. In fact once I got my replacement bp I had a friend put my red one in a milling machine and machine it down to 5" for me and the velcro has still yet to seperate.
    Good to hear something positive! Funny how this machine went from the best thing since sliced bread to so many questions and possible issues (i.e BP, one guy had his just stop but he thinks the safeguard stopped it from overheating and I think Zoran was looking into another issue). Strange how once an issue or two comes up it just steam rolls. I spent over 9 months of searching to finally decide upon a DA, going from a PC to a Makita to a DeWalt to a Festool to a Bosch but finally decided to buy (it's on Back Order like everyone else) the Flex. I am sure all of what appears to be fixable issues, will be worked out once we all get accustom to a new machine and work with suppliers, if necessary. This and other forums will ensure that!! I just can't wait to get it and for Spring to come so I can ....

Howard

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast