autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UDM is Broken

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see where AG recommends using the Edge system on their site? All of the UDM kits use a 5" backing plate and not the Edge 2000 system... I'm not sure of the particulars on why the UDM folks retracted the Edge as an acceptable system but there must be a reason why, and I think Tommy has the answer... Blaming Edge fully doesn't seem right ... sure their system is heavier but there wouldn't have been an issue if the UDM had stronger metals that don't snap in half ....

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ultimate Detailing Machine™ works with Lake Country and The Edge 2000 pads. The Edge DA adapter does fit this polisher.
    Ultimate Detailing Machine™ Dual Action Orbital Polisher with FREE BONUS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, my bad. I only looked at this page: Ultimate Detailing Machine™ Orbital Polisher

Post Thanks / Like
    wowww...did it damage the paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust2Glory View Post
    sounds to me like edge should be responsible... however my first udm broke and AG replaced it. The worst part is the replacement they sent me is now acting very funny, vibrating really bad. I sent meghan a pm, and she said to contact Dwayne... as this is his department now.
    Your UDM is vibrating badly? But you said that only real men can handle the massive vibrations of the UDM.

Gotten a little much for you???

LOVE IT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottgt View Post
    wowww...did it damage the paint
    No, its didn't. Lucky me that i didn't push much presure on the head of the udm. Its broken while moving on the paint, but before I used the edge blue, I just finished fist step on swirl mark removal with the edge orange pad & SSR2.5.

Yes, It hard to say that caused from the edge pad.(may or may not).

I just thinking of the iron axis is may not enought qaulity? (Just my thought it may not right)

I noticed that everytime when i use edge system the heat will effected to the edge adapter that can't tuchable but the plastic on the center look fine not burn on it...so the heat may cause the iron axis broken if you polish long run. that what's i thought.

Just waiting for AG or David to respond on this case.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds to me like edge should be responsible... however my first udm broke and AG replaced it. The worst part is the replacement they sent me is now acting very funny, vibrating really bad. I sent meghan a pm, and she said to contact Dwayne... as this is his department now.

I think its pretty obivious now you just have a grudge against edge. This has absolutly nothing to do with edge. It has to do with a machine that still has bugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et View Post
    Your UDM is vibrating badly? But you said that only real men can handle the massive vibrations of the UDM.

Gotten a little much for you???

LOVE IT!!!

No No NO... this is beyond normal vibrations!!! I'm still not gonna let you knock the UDM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    No, its didn't. Lucky me that i didn't push much presure on the head of the udm. Its broken while moving on the paint, but before I used the edge blue, I just finished fist step on swirl mark removal with the edge orange pad & SSR2.5.

Yes, It hard to say that caused from the edge pad.(may or may not).

I just thinking of the iron axis is may not enought qaulity? (Just my thought it may not right)

I noticed that everytime when i use edge system the heat will effected to the edge adapter that can't tuchable but the plastic on the center look fine not burn on it...so the heat may cause the iron axis broken if you polish long run. that what's i thought.

Just waiting for AG or David to respond on this case.
    Like i said before... You need to contact Dwayne. He will be the one to take care of YOu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like i said before... You need to contact Dwayne. He will be the one to take care of YOu.

I just recieved an email from Dwayne on last night. He has spoken with the manufactory guys about this and they are on process to shipping a new manchine to me with no charge fee if delivering in US. But if wish them to shipping to Bangkok I just responsible for shipping fee.

Anyway, My BIG THANKS! to Dwayne & Meghan that take care of me on this problem without any question about claim a warranty. Very good support.

Thanks for you all for suggestions.

Just hope that it will not have any problem on a new machine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast