I've read a lot of threads/posts about this happening, and about using the cap screw to secure it.

Well, the first time I used mine I realized I had forgotten to get the screw. Had everything all planned out, perfect day to do the polishing, etc. So, I decided to go without it.

What I found out was this: Without the handle, and the way you cup your hand over the head of the unit (effectively pushing against your "trigger hand") I had zero issues with the cover coming off. In fact, I don't believe it is even possible while holding it this way.

Just for a goof, and not on my truck, I turned the machine on speed 6 and moved it all around, flipped it over, and shook it a bit to see if the cover would fly off. Nope.

Not saying it hasn't happened to guys, because I know it has. But, with the way I was holding it to polish my truck, I would think it's damn near impossible.

Reason for my thread is to quell yet another fear instilled in newbies about buying a polisher. I know this will be met with disagreement my some, but this is just my experience and opinion with the PC.