autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm probably one of the the other big supporters of the Flex right now. I've posted several reviews and pics on "other detailing forums". I haven't really posted anything here out of fear of mods coming after me for a product that AG doesn't carry. Here's just a taste:

After:

Don't let the dust from IP fool you. That's IP finished done with pretty much fool correction and LSP ready.

Here's a 50/50:

I couldn't completely remove some of the deeper scratches, but this is on the hood of a '03 Acura MDX with black paint. I was usng IP and an orange pad from "another online retailer".

Also, ZoranC, it's good to see you around!!! I sure do miss you on the "other detailing forum". Still liking the Flex more than the other polishers you had/have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV View Post
    Also, ZoranC, it's good to see you around!!! I sure do miss you on the "other detailing forum".
    Hey Jonny buddy! I miss you and other cool guys too but I sure don't miss "you know who". From what I see Gary was also recently banned completely out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV View Post
    Still liking the Flex more than the other polishers you had/have?
    For paint correction abilities? Yes!!! But once paint correction is done that much power is not needed all the time so I am still looking at rest of them for the best fit for what I call "paint maintenance" (very light correction and cleaning), mainly because I want to minimize vibrations my injured elbow is exposed to as much as I can. Not that Flex' vibrations are bad, quite the opposite (between Flex and PC I can work with Flex whole day long any day without my elbow hurting while using PC gives me pain sometimes as soon as an hour into work on a bad day) it is just that I don't see why do it if I can avoid it. So I have been doing paint correction with Flex and then I would alternate between my R2611/1250DEVS/SXE425 for final polish gaining experience with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    has anyone heard when the 5.5 bp version is coming out this Winter? Since I won't use it till next Spring anyway I was gonna wait to buy that one.

Howard

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Doctor Z, I know you're the Cyclo master too - so, which one is your favorite? I'm still looking at both, right now the advantages look to be in the Flex, I don't have to buy a hundred bucks worth of Cyclo pads, I can use my vast collection of LC 6.5" ones. Also, it appears that the Flex would be much better for correction than the Cyclo, I may even sell my rotary...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am considering this one over a UDM/Festool

Post Thanks / Like
    The power this tool has is incredible compared to a pc that i had and even my buddy,s udm felt like a walmrt polisher compared to the flex.
    No more supercharger,i now have twin turbo,s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan View Post
    has anyone heard when the 5.5 bp version is coming out this Winter? Since I won't use it till next Spring anyway I was gonna wait to buy that one.
    I think it was DJ_JonnyV that first came up with news on that one, but if I remember correctly it was said as if only new bp would be needed. Can somebody please verify that with Flex North America? I would do it myself but I am laying home sick like a dog ever since Monday and I have just few minutes of usable energy per day here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    Hey Doctor Z, I know you're the Cyclo master too - so, which one is your favorite?
    Flex.

First, I don't have scientific tests and extensive experience to prove it but correctional abilities of Flex seem to be surpassing Cyclo by huuuuuuge margin.

Second, Cyclo can be awkward to use. I am not talking just about it's shape, but also about fact that on certain body panel shapes you will have hard, if not impossible, time trying to get path of left and right pads overlap like you should for maximum benefit of Cyclo's head path pattern.

Third, I find that Cyclo can be imprecise to use. I find myself having hard time working close to edges. There is no way I can polish horizontal parts of front bumper of my Supra with it without risking bp hitting against "vertical" parts that meet them, like headlights. I don't have that problem with Flex. It could be due to larger head throw of Cyclo.

Fourth, try polishing inside of "mouth" on sports cars with Cyclo. On majority of them you can not.

Don't sell rotary yet though. Sooner or later you will need it's power. Much less often than when not having Flex but still it can happen. Good news is even if you ar enot expert with it and boo boo (short of burning the paint / taking out too much clear) you should be able to correct that with Flex in next step.
    Last edited by ZoranC; 10-26-2007 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redg35 View Post
    The power this tool has is incredible compared to a pc that i had and even my buddy,s udm felt like a walmrt polisher compared to the flex.
    My PC and UDM (and G100) are demoted to spot correction and carpet cleaning. Until I get that 3" air DA. Then they will be just for carpet cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS View Post
    I am considering this one over a UDM/Festool
    Aren't you already using Metabo? Why then thinking of UDM?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    Aren't you already using Metabo? Why then thinking of UDM?
    Yea I have a Metabo, I wanted a DA also. I have a PC but its an outdated piece of machine.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast