autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually the best deal was in Augus i believe . We got 25% off & free shipping from Autogeek. I loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    I'm a big fan of Souveran. I have been looking at the DP wax on AG for some time,How does this compare to Souveran and is DP a WOWO.
    Souveran Paste really has no equal in my eyes currently. That said alot of the 30.00 waxes are quite a deal, and Nattys Blue under 20.00 is a steal currently.

DP Max Wax and Sig Series original look very similar, and yes I used the WOWO method. Sig Series II has really not been tested. I didnt like P21S all that much (heavy beeswax which makes it bead extremely well and tight however, but no benefit to paint or protection). Recently tried some Moose Wax and some Pink Wax (FK1) and still no Souveran to me. That said , these are all nice choices depending on what the client wants to spend.

Talking about carnubas brought back some memories from Pinnacles past. Paste Glaz, now that was clearly a good reasonable carnuba. And the short lived Cycle Glaz from Pinnacles bike line (it was like a Souveran-Paste Glaz mix) was also extremely warm and inviting. I guess I will leave it with this ... Pinnacle knows carnubas. The rest appear to know that Pinnacle is the bullseye for which they all try to meet and exceed. Again, even some well known sealants now boast that they look just like Souveran .... maybe its time for Souveran Supreme or some limited edition to once again move the high water mark ever northward. (just hope someone keeps the price in check)
    Last edited by ScottB; 03-11-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I've tried just about carnauba wax out there. When people ask me about Souveran, here's what I say...

There are a lot of fine carnauba waxes that are "close" to Souveran... maybe 90 to 95% as good as Souveran (appearance). Those other carnauba's are far less expensive than Souveran. However, if you are looking for the "best" (that extra 5 to 10%), then you need to try Souveran.

In my opinion, every detailing enthusiast should try Souveran... at least once. Then, you can decide if the extra price is worth it.
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Along with the other interested people in this post. I too would love to get in on a 2 for 1 deal on Souveran. Mine is just about empty. What do you say an AutoGeek Online kick off special? I'm such a mooch, no class, no pride.

When it comes to a persons worth, money is a lousy way to keep score.
    - GH

Post Thanks / Like
    so this souveran wax is a carnauba wax or it is even better than a carnauba?

I need to find a thread dealing with what waxes are the betters synthetic, souvern, carnauba an ultimate wax thread if you will, anyone have one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 98bmw323is
    so this souveran wax is a carnauba wax or it is even better than a carnauba?

I need to find a thread dealing with what waxes are the betters synthetic, souvern, carnauba an ultimate wax thread if you will, anyone have one?

Souveran is a carnuba product , the "one" and it is considered the king of the mountain. There really is no best or ultimate product as each person is looking for different benefits from the wax or sealant. Thus knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the product is far greater in making you "personal best". Commonly:

Sealants -- Reflective, More Durable, glossy
    Carnubas --- Wet, show depth well, rich, warm

Now this also doesnt mean that within any given line that there are not products that will enhance the sealant or wax of choice. Lets take Pinnacle Souveran for instance. With normal environmental issues, you should see no more than 4-5 weeks of protection. By using Crystal Mist you have the ability to add longer protection (durability) and keep the pop alive.

Post Thanks / Like
    by layering this souvern wax over a synthetic wax would you be able to give it any added depth?

Post Thanks / Like
    Would anyone spare a sampel of souveran paste? I'd really like to try it before making a big investment!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I first tried thr souveran after prepping my paint with the entire WG package in sept 05. I applied a single layer to my trunk and removed it,when i was done it seem to leave a haze over the nice shine of my WG sealant.I put up the souveran until 2 month's ago and haven't stopped using it since. The rule of thumb is to put a thin layer and remove,but the 1st time i used it was way to thin and i didn't get the results the way so many souveran users seem to get.I have learned to apply the souveran in a way that works for me not to much but enough to massage this beautiful carnauba into the paint that gives me an incredable depth and a sweet glow.It's a great wax to put on and i can say the same for removing it.

I paid $49.00 for it last year , this was near the same time the other souveran was 2 x one.If the time ever comes around again to get this SWEET Deal of last year, i swear i'll be all over it like Kermit the Frog and Miss ,sorry i got a little carried away..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 98bmw323is
    by layering this souvern wax over a synthetic wax would you be able to give it any added depth?
    depth has NEVER been Souverans problem, based on its makeup its durability (length of protection) is the only issue. Thus you might wanna use a sealant under it. (Four Starr UPP, Wolfgang, DP, KlasseSG)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast