autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Label surface coating, what's going on here?

Over the long haul the sealed car will retain less dirt and appear cleaner than a waxed vehicle. That has been my finding on my daily driver and well worth the effort. I have many coats of the detailers pro on my wife's car also. She also notices, it simply gets LESS dirty. To me that is worth it. Her car is 15 years old and looks like new with 100,000 miles on it. But she is married to a detailer ....that helps a bit she admits.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with that belief.

Wax adds a certain warmth or depth, but the oils typically hold the dust quite well.

I may have to wash it this weekend anyway. Seems the drizzle really worked up the road film. I'm thinking that can't be terribly good for the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

So I've been thinking about this last night and most of this morning.

I think I'm going to have to wash the car this weekend. We had our first rain storm in a month these last few days, and the road film is beyond awful on my car as the rain hasn't been a flood, but a very slow, steady rain that has kept the dirt lingering around on the roads and my car. At this point the road film might be more detrimental to the coating than a wash.

I applied the Black Label Surface Coating on Friday, 1/3/14. Today is a full week later, but temps have been everywhere from 62 degrees to 16 degrees. Today will get up into the 70's and all weekend should be sunny and similar. I've got some questions on my available soaps and best practices for light wash technique. This may be getting really technical and over-thought, but what the heck, let's go there.

I have 3 soaps readily available:

CG Maxi Suds II,
    DP Xtreme Foam, and
    Optimum Car Wash Soap.

My thought is to use the one with the least amount of Gloss Enhancers possible to keep the surface bare after the wash to allow the coating to continue to cure for the initial 30 days. Any ideas which one fits the bill best?

I'm a foamer, I believe it helps reduce swirls immensely. I'll be using the pressure washer only for the foam cannon application, and standard home water pressure to rinse the vehicle to reduce the rough touch of pressurized water on the paint or coating.

My thoughts: Foam, rinse, foam, 2BW, rinse, sheet rinse dry, leaf blower dry. Any thoughts here? That should be about as gentle as I can be on the paint.

Last thought: It's been a full week, do I dare try to re-coat the car after it's clean? I never did go for the second coat after the second wipe down 16 hrs after applying, is it too late to re-apply?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advise.

Post Thanks / Like

So I noticed today the Black Label brand launched a coating specific detailer and coating booster to their line-up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    So I noticed today the Black Label brand launched a coating specific detailer and coating booster to their line-up.
    Wish they launched PBL all at the same time! I ordered the QD, ouch on the price, pointless in getting the booster for me since I have BlackICE over Sealant over Coating...I know overkill but its protected

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here's an anecdotal +1 for the Black Label Surface Coating:

Yesterday I got bird bombed in the early AM on a side panel (btw, how do birds do that, anyway? Fly sideways and fling it?) and I had no QD or towel with me to remove it. Found it on the way from one building to the next at about 8:45AM.

I didn't get home until 7:30PM and took the Meg's store bought QD to it to remove the spot. I sprayed a folded MF towel liberally with QD, put the lower portion of the towel just under the bird bomb and as I was covering the bomb, I kept saturating it with QD spray.

Held it there for 30 sec, lifted it to spray a couple more times and then lifted up (or out rather as it was on a vertical panel) bringing my fingers in to snatch up the poo into the towel, and it lifted off clean as a whistle.

Checked today in the sun, no trace of the bomb or any etching. It was on there at least 10 hours, possibly 12.

I was impressed with the coating. The KSG I used before would have to be washed and reapplied as it would have at the very least been marred.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you plan on trying out the booster or detailer? Maybe we'll be one of the lucky 5 since we have PBL applied already...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 28ONE View Post
    Do you plan on trying out the booster or detailer? Maybe we'll be one of the lucky 5 since we have PBL applied already...
    What lucky 5? I am curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munich77 View Post
    What lucky 5? I am curious.
    Giveaway! New Black Label Products!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 28ONE View Post

It's possible. But were I to guess, I think they'd like a good cross section of various coating users to see how the product responds (or rather, prove the product works) on a variety of different coatings. So I think perhaps only one black label user might win, and then a CQuartz, opti-coat, DP, etc. to show it off if it can indeed boost other manufacturer's products.

Good luck to you, I hope you or smack wins.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast