autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

pinnacle waterless wash kit

Pinnacle Kwazar Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash Combo

looks like a great kit. any comments on the pinnacle......
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: pinnacle waterless wash kit

I do not have the kit but I do have the waterless wash concentrate and I use it in conjunction with the Pinnacle Rinseless Wash.

Both products work great and I specifically picked these two products to extend my layer of carnuba wax I have on my car.

Now, I do not know if either product actually extends the life of the carnuba wax but I figure it would at least maintain it. You will not be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same kit but with DP. I like it very much. I also have the Pinnacle Waterless in the 32 oz bottle, I use it more like a detail spray. The Pinnacle kit was a little to expensive for me to wash the car with, that's why I bought the DP. I also use the Pinnacle No Rinse for a complete wash in the winter. When the car is really dirty I spray it first with the DP then wash with the Pinnacle No Rinse using the 2 bucket method.

I think you will be happy with any of these products. I like them all for different uses.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The pinnacle waterless wash seems pretty great, but I do have some observations/questions about it.

At first, I was a little leery about waterless washes. Kind of thought they could be a bit of snake oil. Luckily I got some in a promotion and could try it out. The concentrate is awesome...I could get probably like 30 full bottles of wash out of it! When I first used it, I was simply stunned. It removed light contamination and left the car super slick and it was so easy to use.

However, I do have some questions and observations. I first was wondering if the Pinnacle actually removes any wax. I know it has carnauba in it and the car is pretty slick afterwards, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't remove some old wax. Does anyone know?

The only reason I say this is because I've used the waterless wash several times after winterizing my car by laying down a sealant and a long term wax and the water doesn't bead up quite as nice it had been before the waterless wash. Perhaps its a perception thing. Because water is flowing off it very well still.

Anywasys, I decided to give the waterless wash a test to see the difference in its cleaning abilities. I choose a section of my car and washed one side with the waterless wash and the other with just plain water. I used the same type of microfibers for each side.

Strangely, there was a hardly a difference. It didn't seem more difficult to remove the contamination on the water only side, it came off just the same. Of course this was a small section of car, maybe it would be different on a large area.

Both sides dried fairly easily and both left a slickness that seemed almost identical. Maybe a slight, slight edge to the waterless wash, maybe. But not enough to really even say so.

So what can I make of this...well I didn't waste my money, since it was a free promotion. More importantly, perhaps the thing that is really making anything clean is actually the microfiber as opposed to the liquid being used as cleaner/lubricant.

I'm going to have to try this experiment on a larger section of car. Obviously the waterless wash is more than just water. But i'm wondering what's in it. It almost seems like watered down quick wax.

At any rate, I'm still going to use it.

Any thoughts?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^

Using only water to wash your vehicle is a sure fire way to induce scratches and swirls. You need some sort of soap (waterless wash solution) to provide lubricity

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dave, here's my thoughts on it.
    Short Take: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash

Dave have your tried Ultima Waterless? After using everything waterless Its my favorite In the waterless arena and the cheapest.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the kit and then purchased more when they had it on BOGO. I really like the Pinnacle and normally use it as my quick detailer. It adds gloss and makes the surface slick. I am a little more liberal putting this on than other detail sprays I have used in the past. The Kwazar bottle is also nice to use and of course if you get another 20% off it is a really good deal.

Post Thanks / Like

its a great kit but if your looking to actually wash the car then i would go with a bottle of the rinseless, a home depot bucket and about 6 of those gold towels instead. its a much more economical way of washing the car with better results as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    Dave have your tried Ultima Waterless? After using everything waterless Its my favorite In the waterless arena and the cheapest.
    plus its dual purpose. its one of the best rinseless wash's that I have used as well. 1oz to 3 gallons of water. cant go wrong. not sure why autogeek is still selling these products as separate entitys still. Its kind of really annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

I love that kit. Use it all the time to wipe down the car or boat after a drive. You won't be disappointed.