autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Natural Brilliance -vs- XMT Series

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the original Pinnacle line and the newer XMT line?

I'm new to machine polishing and I pretty much have the equipment dialed in but i am still not sure of what product line to go with. I was thinking of the XMT series of products.

Any review or recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance -vs- XMT Series

Stick with the pinnacle line. Nothing wrong with XMT, great stuff. But if you're going to go big go big.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess no one uses XMT.

Not sure what you are referencing with "But if you're going to go big go big"? Go big with what?

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider Pinnacle a "premium" brand. So what he means is go with their best and "biggest" or go home.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the xmt line on both my black cars. It's great. Easy on and off and always shines brilliantly. I top it with royal sovereign paste. IMO you can't go wrong with xmt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
    I would consider Pinnacle a "premium" brand. So what he means is go with their best and "biggest" or go home.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Frontier View Post
    Guess no one uses XMT.

Not sure what you are referencing with "But if you're going to go big go big"? Go big with what?
    Thanks. Didnt think I would have to explain that.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Thanks. Didnt think I would have to explain that.
    Your statement: "But if you're going to go big, go big" was a meaningless statement since you never stated that the Pinnacle is the 'best and biggest'. And since I indicated to you that I am new to this, you should not have made the assumption that you would not have to explain that. You said to stick with the Pinnacle, yet also said the XMT is 'great stuff'. So I would have needed more information to decide whether I wanted to 'go big' and buy the Pinnacle or buy the XMT which is 'great stuff'. Also, most of the time when a company comes out with a new product line it is better than the original. But I know enough not to assume this, thus, my question, which apparently was good to ask. My next question then would be: Do I need to'go big'? Is size the main difference? And what makes it better? Perhaps those better features are not something I need for my specific type of use of the product. Also, the term 'go big' is an non-specifically definitive term that could mean many things. "Go big" as in paying the highest price for the best quality vs. size? As opposed to the XMT being "great stuff" which may be not as big but better quality? The statement 'stick with the Pinnacle brand', was said without giving a reason, then you said 'there is nothing "wrong with" the XMT'. This statement gives me no information to determine whether I want to 'go big' or not.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely relate to the original post.
    Bought a 7424 and bought the XMT 360 with the 180 wax. Used a white 5.5 pad. Washed the car with Dawn twice. Old school, what we used before machine waxing was around. Clayed the entire car with Mothers.
    Applied the XMT 360 as directed on label and instructional videos (exactly).
    Got half the car done, pearl white Lexus GS. Used one pad got three. Also, bought the Wolfgang pad conditioner and cleaner along with a cleaner brush. Applied the conditioner and XMT 360 on pad as directed in Mike P. videos. Applied two thin coats of of the 180 wax using a new pad.

To be honest, I can't really tell any difference than using a $30 buffer from Autozone, using a micro fiber bonnet with Mothers cleaner wax than doing all this. A whole lot cheaper too, not that I spent that much. I am looking at the car in direct Sunlight with the Sun's reflection in the paint.

I called Autogeek service line the other day and was informed that I should have waited 6 hours before applying wax over the XMT 360, for the sealant to cure. Be pretty nice if the XMT360 label stated so. Was informed that I should've waited and 1 hour before applying second coat of wax. XMT 180 wax label doesn't state that either. Second coat of wax did improve the depth of shine.

Still mentally evaluating all this crap. Guess I' ll tape off and do a side by side comparison.
    Got some killer micro fiber towels out of this deal. Give me a break here. This stuff isn't rocket surgery like some of you guys make it out to be.
    The Queen is happy but, she would have been satisfied if I ran it thru the car wash.
    Thank God the Aston Martin DBS is a company car and I don't have to f@&£ with it.

Not looking for just any opinion. You know what they say, "Opinions are like a$@holes everyone has one." Looking for an EXPERT opinion.

Sincerely,
    Bond, James Bond

Post Thanks / Like

To Quote a fellow member:
    "Wow, I am not sure where to begin with this one.
    If you are going to come on here asking for help the very least you could do is treat others and yourself with respect. I highly doubt anyone is going to take this post seriously and why should they, almost everything you have stated is offensive in one way or another. If you are actually here to "take your car to the next level" as you have stated then there is no better place to go for advice and information. There is a wealth of information here and genuinely nice people who just want to help out a fellow detailer. Please treat other people as you wish to be treated."
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL