autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id like to see this too from the pinnacle line as well a zymol royale or some swissol type of high end glaze.

Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    how about making an affordable version of zymol royal glaze...pinnacle platinum...sounds nice....i like the idea of rubbing the wax and catalyst together and hand rubbing it on

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    why mess with perfection, scott?

Post Thanks / Like
    in many respects, "if it aint broke, dont fix it"... but what about somehow attempting to combine the properties of SSII and Souveran into a metallic depth wax? you know, like combining the results you get from each into one wax? i know that i have been looking for something with the longevity of Souveran but with the metallic bliss of SSII. is this even possible?

ftr, im doing wg finishing glaze, wg dgps, SSII, souveran spray, and kept up just about everyday with CM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    At DFII I was talking with John and Ernie, and wondered aloud just what could Pinnacle do to top Souveran Paste. (remember its been around 15 years) We didnt know, we suggested a little longer protection, but then digressed with Souveran Spray Wax being so darn easy and adding such pop back. As well as the former CM.

So now its your turn ... what would Pinnacle, Pinnacle Souveran ?? Just how much would you spend ?? What would be needed to improve or enhance the product ??

Now please understand, this is not AG talking. Nor is it a hint or idea of whats to come. It was just three guys tossing comments, and wondering if the champ needed to be replaced or upgraded, what would be needed. It would be cool if somehow as a group we could design the next product however.
    The problem with long lasting carnauba paste waxes is they are very difficult to apply/remove. Durability is nice, so maybe add a little more/different polymers.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    As for the Zymol high end offerings, some would say Souveran already matches them in look and outcome. Remember the price is NOT necessarily indicitive of product maybe just some exclusitivity.

What specifically about these would you like to see in a Pinnacle product, otherwise I am sure Capt Max could just type LIMITED on the side and offer a 7000.00 MSRP ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no limited production of any of the cg waxes, just some of their marketing per people I spoke with at cg. I would like to see Souveran stay in a paste and some how add a little more depth and wetness. I am saying this because so far I feel like I have not been able to improve these items on my C6. My little brother and friends keep telling me there is noway to make it any wetter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    how about making an affordable version of zymol royal glaze...pinnacle platinum...sounds nice....i like the idea of rubbing the wax and catalyst together and hand rubbing it on
    zymol offers in there high end wax more carnuba. i believe.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland
    zymol offers in there high end wax more carnuba. i believe.
    more carnauba does not mean a better wax, it usually means its harder to deal with. That said as has been told before, Souveran uses about 30-35% carnauba which is about the most able while still being spreadable. Zymol clearly measures differently than most others because its next to impossible to use 50% carnauba in any product other than a chip or brick.

Again, what specifically can be done, we dont want to follow myths, we as a group want to see if we can design a better Pinnacle Souveran. Can we ?? What do we need ?? So far durability and wetness seem to be the upgrades. Anything else ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    more carnauba does not mean a better wax, it usually means its harder to deal with. That said as has been told before, Souveran uses about 30-35% carnauba which is about the most able while still being spreadable. Zymol clearly measures differently than most others because its next to impossible to use 50% carnauba in any product other than a chip or brick.

Again, what specifically can be done, we dont want to follow myths, we as a group want to see if we can design a better Pinnacle Souveran. Can we ?? What do we need ?? So far durability and wetness seem to be the upgrades. Anything else ??
    Zymol actually counts carnauba sap and carnauba wax in their percentage. That's what makes it so high. Not sure how good is carnauba sap.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I second the liquid form with durability or wetness. I just want to be able to use my PC more often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12