autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Liquid Souveran - Tips after making your purchase

I just wanted to make this thread to help out anyone who has purchased a bottle of Liquid Souveran recently.

Finally Liquid Souveran Wax achieves the Pinnacle of Perfection. Liquid Souveran Carnauba Wax has the ease of a liquid wax with the protection and

Here is my story. I purchased 2 bottles of Liquid Souveran recently and both bottles arrived and they were very watery and would not constitute into a cream like liquid wax. I tried every way possible to shake the product up in the original bottle and it would not shake into a cream like I knew it should be. So I called Autogeek for some tips and was told that its totally normal for the product to be watery and separated. To just shake it well and continue to use as normal. So I tried this with one of the bottles and while it did work it was impossible to use correctly. As you could imagine, the product was oily and watery and would just roll right off of the applicator pad. When I did get it applied to the paint, the haze was more difficult to remove than I knew this product usually is. So I was unhappy with leaving this wax in this state and happily using it.

So after I pulled out all of the shaking stops. Shaking for 30 minutes straight, warming the bottle, ect ect.

Finally I decided to pour off the 16oz bottle into a BIGGER 32 oz bottle and capped it off.

32 oz. Meguiars Generic Spray Bottle

With the product in the bigger bottle , I shook it up and down (not side to side) and within 1 minute the product reconstituted into a very cream semi thick liquid (slightly thicker than Wolfgang DGPS). After the product shook together , I poured it back off into the original Pinnacle bottle.

Tested and works... perfectly. Problem Solved.

This was such an annoyance to me that I did a forum search and did not see a specific thread answering the question on what to do with a product that wont shake up right. So I decided to make this one as I noticed a lot of the PBMG wax's and sealants are coming delivered without being mixed up and need a lot of shaking. Anytime I run into this issue again, atleast I know what to do instead of trying to shake the bottle all day without results (to the point that my hand was actually sore).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liquid Souveran - Tips after making your purchase

I see someones being innovative using the exact methods I've been using for years!

When you think about it logically, how do you shake a bottle of product that virtually full? While I'm sure there's movement to some extent you could be there for years....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I've always considered when something appears more liquid than I believed it should be to add to the refrigerator for sometime and then shake and use.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    With the product in the bigger bottle , I shook it up and down (not side to side)
    Do you normally shake side to side? I always shake up and down.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also make a whip out of a wire coat hanger and insert it into the bottle and use a cordless drill to spin it. Works just like a paint mixer. Then you don't lose product in the bigger bottle. For smaller sample bottles use a paper clip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well read this a day too late! Had a 2oz. sample bottleand threw it out last night. I thought it got too hot in my garage. I shook it for about a minute, still runny. Oh well, another tip learned on the AG!

Sent from my DROID3 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Do you normally shake side to side? I always shake up and down.
    yes, usually. With a full bottle, shaking it up and down wasn't really moving anything around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    You can also make a whip out of a wire coat hanger and insert it into the bottle and use a cordless drill to spin it. Works just like a paint mixer. Then you don't lose product in the bigger bottle. For smaller sample bottles use a paper clip.
    Good solution!
    Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I tried that before but I didn't throw mine out. It did take some patience but once I applied the wax, it worked out fine.
    Thanks for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone mentioned the other day putting a couple ball bearings in the bottle to help mix...sounds like the need a little mixer ball in them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast