autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets discuss Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

I've heard plenty of positive reviews for this product. I've even heard people mention that on a white paint job, it's a must. Does anyone else feel this way? Why or why not? I'm currently working on a trashed arctic white 1996 firebird formula convertible with tons of swirls and rids. They're slowly but surely being removed and I'm just curious if I can use this cleansing lotion to my advantage before applying a sealant and topping with a paste wax.

Please advise!

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it but I'm not sure it's a must. I use it to remove an LSP if I'm not going to polish. If I'm going to polish, I skip that step and use Griot's Pre-Wax Cleanser instead (or IPA).
    Another less expensive and arguably better option would be Duragloss 501.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets discuss Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Thanks for the feedback.

So in your opinion, does this cleansing lotion have any place in a full paint correction?

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion... no.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your honest response!

I suppose I'm most interested in prewax cleansers and what place they have in the detailing world. I've been looking at the Pinnacle, WG, GG, and Dodo cleansers and I suppose I'm simply confused on if I even need one or not. My thought was that a prewax cleanser was similar to an IPA wipedown - rid the surface off all polishing oils left behind so that you're waxing/sealing a pure surface. Maybe my interpretation is off?

I'm simply trying to give my arctic white paint the best correction possible. White is definitely a crappy color to learn to detail on, so I'm trying to get the most gloss possible.

So far, here is the work performed.

Dawn wash w/ Two bucket method (grit guards, etc)
    Iron-X , Tar-X Application (followed by good rinse and dry)
    Clay (Megs Clay Kit - removed a good amount of contaminents)
    M105/D300 on Megs 5" Cutting Disc/LC 5.5" Orange
    M205 on LC 5.5" White

The above is currently complete. Planning on applying some PO85RD next. Am I missing anything?

Post Thanks / Like

P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser

S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser

These two products are virtually the same, except S100 is less expensive. I have not used Pinnacle which seems to be the flavor du jour. But these are both excellent and I have used S100 for years.(Available at your local Harley Shop)

BTW I am a big fan DG501/601 but it leaves a layer of sealant which may be desirable if you are going to top with something Collinite 845 which will give you protection for the better part of a year.
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a white fbody I am working on. White is so tough to deal with because its so hard to see what I am doing as I work. I have done a few panels with similar combo to youre using above and I got about an 80% correction. I am going to try to add in poor boys white diamond glaze before I apply the lsp on the next panel to see if that makes a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I also have a white fbody I am working on. White is so tough to deal with because its so hard to see what I am doing as I work. I have done a few panels with similar combo to youre using above and I got about an 80% correction. I am going to try to add in poor boys white diamond glaze before I apply the lsp on the next panel to see if that makes a difference.
    I believe it, the clear on these cars is rock hard! I've been using D300/M105 together on a Meg's cutting disc with decent results. I've also tried the surbuf/M105 combo which has worked great, but doesn't finish down nearly as nice. Anyways, I ended up working to car with a few different pad/polish combos and luckily achieved 90-95% correction. I'm planning a PO85RD step as mentioned, I'm just undecided as to IF/WHEN/WHICH prewax cleanser I should use.

As of right now, I'm planning on applying two coats of BFWD followed by two coats of XMT 180 paste.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser

S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser

These two products are virtually the same, except S100 is less expensive. I have not used Pinnacle which seems to be the flavor du jour. But these are both excellent and I have used S100 for years.(Available at your local Harley Shop)

BTW I am a big fan DG501/601 but it leaves a layer of sealant which may be desirable if you are going to top with something Collinite 845 which will give you protection for the better part of a year.
    I've looked at both of these products and I'm truly wondering if I even need a prewax product. I've looked at the Griots Garage cleaner, Pinnacle, P21s, etc. Just not sure if I need one of not. Would an IPA wipedown/CarPro Eraser application suffice?

I don't want to comprimise on quality here. If a prewax cleanser gives me a better, glossier finish at the end, then I'll order one.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope i didnt ruin my hood. I got the sample with one of my orders. I figured i could use it since is so non abrasive that it doesnt remove swirls. Well i did what it said, washed, in garage under florescent light, did back and forth with microfiber towel. Worked great at rounding over the 2 big scratches i used it on. Could not see them. So then i put a coat of zaino z5 anti swirl and z2 standard, and CG nano sealant.

Well it direct sun light i have holograms at the 2 spots i used it on

Should i strip it and re wax, or should i try to correct? I cant think of anything less abrasive then the lotion.

It says not to hand swirl, so im not sure how to get rid of the holograms, if use the lotion again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast