autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

My surprising XMT vs SSII Results!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My surprising XMT vs SSII Results!

So a very wierd, but rather cool occurrence yesterday!! First rainfall on a fresh coat of XMT 180. Drove to work and truck sat in parking lot all day. Rain stopped about 11-ish, but it remained cloudy and cool the rest of the day. Around 1, I was gonna walk out to the truck just to look at all the way cool beading from the rain, but ended up not going. Went to head home around 4:30 and walking through the parking lot, it caught my attention that every single car was just about completely dry. I got to my truck and was amazed to see it still soaking wet covered in perfectly beading water!

I don't know exactly what that means or what it says about the wax, but it was pretty darn cool!

I can't explain it, but it just seems like the XMT stays on the surface better than the SSII. It made the SSII seem (to me at least) that it was like a lotion...was great to put on and was great while it was there, but then gone after the next wash. This doesn't feel that way to me. IDK, but I am really enjoying using it.

I am still very impressed with this wax and just recently gave away the remainder of my SSII becaue I knew it would just sit there and not get used because of this stuff.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, did you end up having water marks left over in the paint? I noticed that when I apply Souveran spray wax, the water beads linger so long that they magnify the sunlight and seem to leave light etch marks..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    So a very wierd, but rather cool occurrence yesterday!! First rainfall on a fresh coat of XMT 180. Drove to work and truck sat in parking lot all day. Rain stopped about 11-ish, but it remained cloudy and cool the rest of the day. Around 1, I was gonna walk out to the truck just to look at all the way cool beading from the rain, but ended up not going. Went to head home around 4:30 and walking through the parking lot, it caught my attention that every single car was just about completely dry. I got to my truck and was amazed to see it still soaking wet covered in perfectly beading water!

I don't know exactly what that means or what it says about the wax, but it was pretty darn cool!

I can't explain it, but it just seems like the XMT stays on the surface better than the SSII. It made the SSII seem (to me at least) that it was like a lotion...was great to put on and was great while it was there, but then gone after the next wash. This doesn't feel that way to me. IDK, but I am really enjoying using it.

I am still very impressed with this wax and just recently gave away the remainder of my SSII because I knew it would just sit there and not get used because of this stuff.
    i didn't care for the SSII as well, thus trading it away...

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Those long lasting beads do not seem to intensify water marks/spots. This particular day, I drove away and they blew off before drying. But overall, any water spotting left on the surface after drying washes completely and easily away and never leaves any reminants that they were there. Currently using the XMT wash with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you still using this product or have you moved on? What are your thoughts to date?

I'm asking because of the BOGO. Even though I have plenty of my go to product, I have always wanted to try this lower priced alternative, especially on my ex's vehicle.
    Also may make great Father's day presents for those friends and family members who pester me to do their vehicles even though they know that I only maintain personal vehicles.

Twisted1
    C.R.E.A.M. - Get Da Money___Dalla Dalla Bill Yall