autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SSII....Strike 2!

I used Pinnacle SS11 over BFWD after the 3rd washed I used BFG spray...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    After a good prep job including a paint cleanser, (which you have done already), I like to throw Wolfgang Sealant down first, THEN use the sig II as a topper. Doing this I have never had a problem putting new layers of sig II on every few weeks with no more prep than simply a good wash. The sealant lasts 3 months or so for me before I strip and start again.
    I have to ask, how can you tell that your sealant is still around if you're topping with a wax every couple of weeks? Wouldn't any beading and sheeting you're seeing be coming from the wax?
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    I have to ask, how can you tell that your sealant is still around if you're topping with a wax every couple of weeks? Wouldn't any beading and sheeting you're seeing be coming from the wax?
    The easy answer is while I like to top every couple weeks, I sometimes get busy and don't. I don't think the staying power of SSII is that great and would rather never chance that there is not still a layer of something protecting, thus the sealant. IMO, I can tell when the SSII is gone as it looks different than my sealant alone. So it isn't really based on beading and sheeting as much as the appearance. Also, when I know I'm approaching the period I'm going to strip, I stop using my topper. Every time I have stripped thus far, the sealant is still there.

With that said, I just gave my Dad my SSII for Christmas as I have enough Fuzion and Souveran to use in addition to wolfgang and powerlock sealants...

Post Thanks / Like

< Look at my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The easy answer is while I like to top every couple weeks, I sometimes get busy and don't. I don't think the staying power of SSII is that great and would rather never chance that there is not still a layer of something protecting, thus the sealant. IMO, I can tell when the SSII is gone as it looks different than my sealant alone. So it isn't really based on beading and sheeting as much as the appearance. Also, when I know I'm approaching the period I'm going to strip, I stop using my topper. Every time I have stripped thus far, the sealant is still there.

With that said, I just gave my Dad my SSII for Christmas as I have enough Fuzion and Souveran to use in addition to wolfgang and powerlock sealants...
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    < Look at my avatar

Do explain what I am "doing wrong."

I'm using a caranuba to top a sealant for pure aesthetic reasons. I believe it is still there because I think I can visibly tell a difference compared to the sealant alone.

So I guess I'm not sure what are getting at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12