autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liquid vs Paste

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liquid vs Paste

You might be very happy with the look the WG sealant gives on its own and could bypass the carnauba topper.

IME, adding a carnuaba to cured WG sealant provides only a subtle difference. I've topped it with Fuzion a few times, so the mini is a choice for $50. But if you want an AG wax under $50, maybe try Max Wax. If cash is a concern, I'm just not sure it's worth it. JMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Jetta View Post
    I know the Collinite is great for durability so I'm going to get some of that before I go back to school and protect it with that but before that for the summer I want a wax to really make it pop. I think I'd spend up to $50 on a good wax to really make the color pop. Ill spend the difference on applicators and MFs! I could try the fuzion estate mini or pin ss2... Other suggestions?

Like I said above...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you will find many opinions here on waxes.

I love SSII personally. Collinite 915 and 845 are two of my favs also. May I also suggest the Dodo sample pots. They are cheap and you can try a few out. I have gotten 5 waxes out of one of those little pots already.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Try the WG DGPS first and see what you think. That is a very nice sealant IMO.

Some of the over-the-top great looking details that have been on here used WG DGPS as the LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Like I said above...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you will find many opinions here on waxes.

I love SSII personally. Collinite 915 and 845 are two of my favs also. May I also suggest the Dodo sample pots. They are cheap and you can try a few out. I have gotten 5 waxes out of one of those little pots already.

Good suggestion on the Dodo! Read up on them a little and I think I'm going to get the Blue Velvet Pro Hard and top it with Purple Haze Pro Soft. Even if it doesnt come as good as the souveran how would I know being that I never tried it! I'm sure it will turn out incredible anyways!

I saw the thread on these products... anyone have experience using them on a non metallic paint? I dont think my black paint is metallic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Jetta View Post
    Good suggestion on the Dodo! Read up on them a little and I think I'm going to get the Blue Velvet Pro Hard and top it with Purple Haze Pro Soft. Even if it doesnt come as good as the souveran how would I know being that I never tried it! I'm sure it will turn out incredible anyways!

I saw the thread on these products... anyone have experience using them on a non metallic paint? I dont think my black paint is metallic.

Both pro waxes look awesome on solid colors. I like the PH pro the best! Durability is pretty good also.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I've used liquid souveran on my black camry, actually liked it quite a bit. With that said, I just stripped it back down today and put wg sealant back on it. I will do another coat of sealant tomorrow and then top with souveran paste.

But..I have seen some people actually combine liquid souveran with collinite 845 with really nice results. I might try that on my other vehicle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12