autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Souveran???????

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran???????

Ok guys....It seems the more i read about this wax the more confused i get. The manufactuer says

1) I can layer it (some users say that doesn't work)

2) Last up to 90 days (NO-ONE writes anything remotely close to that)

3) Jar holds up to 30 applications (3 coats later i'm questioning that)

I love the look of this wax on my car(Three coats over 2 days). CRAZY SHINE! I guess I'll

have to wait on the durability. I watched the tutorial on line and honestly i'm not as liberal

as the guys using it yet my jar is a little over half full.???? Btw i have a midsize Ford

Fuzion. I'm so happy with the results but the more i read the more depressing it is. Is

there any Souveran fans out there? One more thing...I have a metalic black paint but

some people say this wax is not good for metallic.....again the paint is unbelievably shiny!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Souveran???????

souveran paste is fantastic and will leave ur paint work deep dark and glossy but for me it lasts only 3 weeks
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    there is no way it lasts 3 months... I get maybe 1 month out of it on a DD that's garages when not being driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x: Avalanche White
    2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 6MT: Redline Red

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the environment you live in, and if the paint is prepped properly, Souverän will generally give you 8-12 weeks of protection and shine, if applied and maintained properly, before it needs to be re-applied.

If you've applied 3 coats and it appears that the jar is now only half full, you are applying the product way, way too thick. I have a jar that I've used about 6 times and you can hardly tell any is missing. The wax goes on extremely thin and it is not necessary to apply it thick. If you use a pre-wax polish prior to applying the wax, it will go on much easier and applying a thin, even coat will also be easier. Depending on the size of the vehicle, one 8oz jar is enough for 25-35 applications. Thin, thin, thin!

Souverän is a great wax for all colors, but it is known for its darkening ability on certain paints, more so red and black. It's a common misconception that Souverän is "only good" for darker colors and will not do much for lighter colors or those with a metallic flake. That's not correct. I've used it on a wide variety of different colors with stunning results each time, but when applied to black or red, it appears as if you are looking in to a pool of wet paint.

Post Thanks / Like

This was my first "premium" wax and I'm still on my first jar (half full). I liked it so much I ordered another kit (with Klasse) after the first application thinking I would burn thru it fast. I haven't opened the other kit and will probably do it to get the all-in-one first.

On my white car, I can get about a month and on the black one, about two weeks. My thought is that black "eats" wax because the surface temp is higher when it sees the sun (Arizona). I love the look but I treat it as an expendable beauty coat and I have something tougher under it (Klasse, Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0) for protection.

I am at a loss to explain why you are going through it so fast though. I put it on with a red pad on a polishing pal and after the pad is primed (swiped lightly all away around the perimeter of the pad). Then 1-2 swipes does a pannel. I call it "oiling the paint" and by that I mean thin application. I have done each car 8-10 times with half a jar.
    I re-apply when I feel like it needs it so I guess its layered? Does it help to layer? I don't know, it helps me...
    Last edited by Rayaz; 05-30-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Souverän is my favorite wax for my Cobra. I am on six weeks now, but my car is only.driven once a month. Ninety days would be IDEAL conditions, like mine. When my car wad a daily driver a couple of weeks is all I got.

Like Nick said, you are putting it on WAY to heavy. You can not even tell my jar has deem used. When applying you should not see any wax build up, at all. Just a slight "wet" looking spot where the wax has been applied. Very very thin.

As for layering, I usually only do two coats. However that is on top of a sealant like DP or BFWD.

Oh and it looks great on metallics IMO, my Mineral Grey paint is both metallic with a slight pearl effect and it looks phenomenal.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the size of the car you should indeed see 30 applications or more, less is more. A very thin even coat is all thats needed.

For increased durability only use the Pinnacle soap on it, and try the Souveran Spray Wax to boost it as desired.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    Ok guys....It seems the more i read about this wax the more confused i get. The manufactuer says

1) I can layer it (some users say that doesn't work)

2) Last up to 90 days (NO-ONE writes anything remotely close to that)

3) Jar holds up to 30 applications (3 coats later i'm questioning that)

I love the look of this wax on my car(Three coats over 2 days). CRAZY SHINE! I guess I'll

have to wait on the durability. I watched the tutorial on line and honestly i'm not as liberal

as the guys using it yet my jar is a little over half full.???? Btw i have a midsize Ford

Fuzion. I'm so happy with the results but the more i read the more depressing it is. Is

there any Souveran fans out there? One more thing...I have a metalic black paint but

some people say this wax is not good for metallic.....again the paint is unbelievably shiny!
    Love my Souveran!
    The protection might stay for two months but the look can go in less than a month
    The upside is that it is so easy to apply you can put a coat on in an hour after a wash

Less is more. I either put it on by hand or with my PC and a 4" black pad. Spread until you can barely tell its there. Once the pad is loaded I use very little. Turn the PC pad over and softly wipe once with the wax bar for a section. Probably as much left in the pad as I used on the car when I am done.

I like to double layer it after a polish then single coat it to restore the look monthly. I don't think letting it "cure" buys you anything. When you are done with the first, start the second by hand. If you get dust you used to much.

The only downside for metallics that I can tell is that the shine is so deep it is hard to notice the metallic beneath it. There are other products that bring out the mettalic but do not provide the depth. Depends on what you like.

With Menzerna, this is the first product I bought ? years ago for my car only and I am still working the first jar. Amusing as I have two unopened jars that I got 2 for 1 a little later. Don't know if there is a shelf life.

Enjoy the shine. Less is more
    "I love the smell of carnuba in the morning ... it smells like ... victory"
    JSR

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all of the above. You really need to go WAY thinner on your application. I have also used Souveran on metallic black and I personally was thrilled with the look it gave the metallic. The look a certain wax gives on a specific color is generally an opinion, so I you like then that is what matters the most! 3 weeks is what I have seen in durability on a vehicle that is outside 24/7...longer on garage kept vehicles.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

so some of you say durability is only a couple weeks to a month or two .... how do you know this? based on beading? shine? or how?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast