Quote Originally Posted by lexterminator View Post
Just to let you know I tried the XMT # 3 for the first time this weekend with an orange pad and it left quite some hazing on my black motorycle tank. I then used the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze with a gray pad and even that combination had enough cutting power to take out the hazing and the surface became like a mirror. That was done by hand with a polishin pal and 4" pads. So for sure XMT # 2 is not required in the process.

I believe the XMT 360 has pretty much the same cutting ability than the WG Finishing Glaze so either a white or black pad with XMT 360 should take out any hazing left by the XMT # 3.

I found that XMT # 3 is still quite safe and not very strong, it took me two applications to take out mild scratches in the clearcoat. Still, better safer and milder approach than taking out too much of clearcoat for nothing.

good luck
XMT360 is not on the same level of cut as WGFG. 360 is a clean/polish/sealant, i.e. all-in-one(AIO). 360 will remove some hazing/marring, but mostly very light swirls. It is meant to finish without requiring buffing so that should tell you it doesn't have the abrasives that require it to be worked long enough to match WGFG. You could try using a higher cut pad to try to make 360 match WGFG, but I feel that will have to you wasting time chasing pad combos, and you will probably end up being more satisfied with a true finishing polish like #2/#1.
Lexterm. were you using a DA at all with the XMT #3 of was all your work by hand with the Pal? XMT products can be used by hand, DA, or rotary, but they were designed for DA use.