autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Souveran- What am I doing wrong???

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    all i can say is i use souveran paste . and after i apply it ilet it sit for hours. thats when it begins to look its best. right away it doesnt do anything. must wait for sure . leave the car in the sun if u can .

It should also be noted that Souveran is a pure paste wax with no cleaners. It can only add to the looks of prep done first. 085rd is one great finishing/jeweling polish and Souveran might add some depth, but the gloss and reflection rating of the Menzerna polish is already tops. Souveran is just protecting it, and perhaps adding a small extra pow !!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredcandetail View Post
    directions say WO WO ... and you let it sit for hours in the sun ..... I wonder if that degrades some of the carnuba?

Any chemists on the forum?
    WOWO refers to the method of application and removal. You apply and immediately buff off while still damp. No wait or drying. Adding it to the sun after done with removal "seems" to heat up the carnauba in it and makes it look wetter.

No scientist .... just years of results using Souveran Paste

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

some sealers you cant use a topper wax aka REJEX is a good cheap sealer but cant use topper wax on it. now jetseal 109 is twice the price but you can layer it and use topper wax also .80% of jobs I use rejex to keep prices down but on my high end work where price isnt a thing .
    I use jetseal 109 .cool is no big deal but out side is big deal

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the 24hr thing in my first post- I should have explained better. The souveran was applied 24hrs after the sealant on that panel via the wipeon wipeoff method.

I am chalking this up to the cold weather, and as someone else noted, the small panel. I will put things on hold until spring to give her car a once over and see what we come up with!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you mentioned everything but the color of the car... Souveran is best on blacks and reds... So i am wondering if that is a factor? But in my experience, after some hours in the sun, my car just looks amazing, as you can see from my avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post

It should also be noted that Souveran is a pure paste wax with no cleaners. It can only add to the looks of prep done first. 085rd is one great finishing/jeweling polish and Souveran might add some depth, but the gloss and reflection rating of the Menzerna polish is already tops. Souveran is just protecting it, and perhaps adding a small extra pow !!
    yes this is true . my paint is polished with menzerna 106ff first. if defects r present.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

ive noticed when souveran sits it really sets up . and the next day it looks crazy deep and glossy . but this only lasts for a couple weeks which is ok by me . its easy to toss another coat on
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the posts- I think that I am not seeing it's potential as I'm just doing one panel in the cold. I will give a full treatment late winter/early spring when I crank up the garage heat.

By the way, this is going onto a late model black car. I literally searched for hours upon hours on souveran and found only a handful of dislikes/complaints- so I think it's just ME at this point. I could care less about durability- I have no problem, and will likely apply very often!

After the full polish and first coat of souveran has been applied, how does everyone go from there? For instance, when car is dirty- just rewash, hit with pinnacle mist, then another coat of souveran? Just curious, as souveran after was isn't going to negate the enivetable waterspot or two...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nch209 View Post
    Thanks for the posts- I think that I am not seeing it's potential as I'm just doing one panel in the cold. I will give a full treatment late winter/early spring when I crank up the garage heat.

By the way, this is going onto a late model black car. I literally searched for hours upon hours on souveran and found only a handful of dislikes/complaints- so I think it's just ME at this point. I could care less about durability- I have no problem, and will likely apply very often!

After the full polish and first coat of souveran has been applied, how does everyone go from there? For instance, when car is dirty- just rewash, hit with pinnacle mist, then another coat of souveran? Just curious, as souveran after was isn't going to negate the enivetable waterspot or two...
    good idea do it in the garage . for sure it needs to sit.. i remember when i tryed it years i ago i said the same thing u did but after a while i was very happy...

Post Thanks / Like

I follow it with Crystal mist after washing and I tend to reapply about every 4 weeks or so. You can also try the Pinnacle Spray Wax. Gives it a little boost IMO. Of course, I love the smell of it too. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast