autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle SSII vs. Swissvax Glacier

You could use any of the waxes/sealants and won't produce the kind of shine that Gary Sword produced on that MB that was posted by Ciera SL. Knowing Gary he has spent countless hours prepping that Benz. He could have used Turtle Wax and it would look dripping wet. It's all in the prep my friend. So until you learn how to polish and jewel no matter if you put Crystal Rock or Vintage on that paint it will never compare to Gary's Benz. I'm not trying to knock you down, but only trying to tell you that the LSP is only 10% of the final look of your car. Once you got the paint to where your satisfied then experiment with different waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You could use any of the waxes/sealants and won't produce the kind of shine that Gary Sword produced on that MB that was posted by Ciera SL. Knowing Gary he has spent countless hours prepping that Benz. He could have used Turtle Wax and it would look dripping wet. It's all in the prep my friend. So until you learn how to polish and jewel no matter if you put Crystal Rock or Vintage on that paint it will never compare to Gary's Benz. I'm not trying to knock you down, but only trying to tell you that the LSP is only 10% of the final look of your car. Once you got the paint to where your satisfied then experiment with different waxes.
    I couldn't agree more!!!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

What Benz picture are you talking about? I was looking through Gary's album and found an E500 that was white. Is that the one?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I'm sure this is true, but my car only has 10,000 miles on it and has been babied from the day I received it. Other than a few rust spots (that I will be getting rid of with the Finish Kare Paint Decontamination System), the only defects in my paint are some very light swirls.

I believe that M205 on a Tangerine HT pad will get rid of these or maybe even D151 on a Tangerine HT (That's how light the swirls are).

Thanks for the advice!
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo offers a hard and soft wax for whites too ... might save you some $$ and their Red Tropical Mist is a must have item.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Dodo offers a hard and soft wax for whites too ... might save you some $$ and their Red Tropical Mist is a must have item.
    Yes, the White Diamond and the Light Fantastic? I see that they have a combination of two sample sizes which I might try. And I'm always hearing good things about this Red Tropical Mist!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt9123 View Post
    Yes, the White Diamond and the Light Fantastic? I see that they have a combination of two sample sizes which I might try. And I'm always hearing good things about this Red Tropical Mist!
    I love the samples and really came to like Hard Candy best. While I havent tried it on white specifically, I have not found any color it didnt represent well on. I think a Dodo sampler kit or two might be just the ticket for you and you'll get several applications (at least 2-3) per sample.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I love the samples and really came to like Hard Candy best. While I havent tried it on white specifically, I have not found any color it didnt represent well on. I think a Dodo sampler kit or two might be just the ticket for you and you'll get several applications (at least 2-3) per sample.
    It just may be.

How does that Red Mist detailer spray compare to other sprays?

Post Thanks / Like

I have Red Mist. I used it one time on my hood over Hard Candy/Rainforest Rub. I'm open to trades.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt9123 View Post
    I'm sure this is true, but my car only has 10,000 miles on it and has been babied from the day I received it. Other than a few rust spots (that I will be getting rid of with the Finish Kare Paint Decontamination System), the only defects in my paint are some very light swirls.

I believe that M205 on a Tangerine HT pad will get rid of these or maybe even D151 on a Tangerine HT (That's how light the swirls are).

Thanks for the advice!
    If your car has never been polished, I think you'll find the look your after by doing so. Regardless of the paint being new and babied, if it's never been polished... it's never been polished.There's a big difference IMO. I've never used D151, but I'm sure it will be great on the Tangerine HT. After polishing, any wax discussed here should look great and have you drooling. Looking forward to your results.

Very generous of you to offer your time and effort CieraSL!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast