autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't top Zaino with anything......

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

Is there a reason why?, is it just not condusive to top zaino? bad results, is it the fact that zaino is optically perfect and carnuba is not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 06VISTA
    Bill,

Is there a reason why?, is it just not condusive to top zaino? bad results, is it the fact that zaino is optically perfect and carnuba is not?

To me its the perfect look.......optically.........i really don't see a benefit of any carnuba over it....others will most certainly differ, just my observation

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a tool to measure optical purity ?? I have always wondered how a manufacturer can claim this without proof. How do you measure ?? Please tell.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Is there a tool to measure optical purity ?? I have always wondered how a manufacturer can claim this without proof. How do you measure ?? Please tell.

There is no tool......Just ones own observation of what worked/works best for him/or her.....it's all in the eyes of the beholder....like i said before people will differ in there observation of whats optical clarity, I have seen in my eyes only that topping not only Zaino, but other sealers as well with a carnuba will mute the clarity that one seeks....i my self don't care for that plastic look, i prefer the warmth of a carnuba wax, but if you see clarity purity after any product you use and thats what one is seeking then i wouldn't my self put a softer carnuba as a topper

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    100% Optical Clarity is Zaino's claim. Your gonna have to ask Sal about that. Honestly I am assuming that since it really has no color, therefore showing you the treu color of your paint, with out the yeelowish tint of a carnuba.

Dont quote me though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 06VISTA
    100% Optical Clarity is Zaino's claim. Your gonna have to ask Sal about that. Honestly I am assuming that since it really has no color, therefore showing you the treu color of your paint, with out the yeelowish tint of a carnuba.

Dont quote me though

My point exactly....... although not all carnubas have a yellowish tint, but there something in the others......

Post Thanks / Like
    Well to dispell that myth ... my Z sealants have always been colored (pink Z2 and purple Z5) and both cloud up a light milky white. My Souveran is almost white in color and clouds up the exact same color. My Nattys Blue is blue in color and clouds up a whitish color also. Then theres my Duragloss 105 that starts creme blue, and well seems to stay that way.

So how can color transfer not be apparent in all products ?? I truly want to know. Unless you can truly measure it with a scope or tool, then I believe it to be a myth ... or as Bill offered a personal persception only.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    YES........Personal persception only

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Well to dispell that myth ... my Z sealants have always been colored (pink Z2 and purple Z5) and both cloud up a light milky white. My Souveran is almost white in color and clouds up the exact same color. My Nattys Blue is blue in color and clouds up a whitish color also. Then theres my Duragloss 105 that starts creme blue, and well seems to stay that way.

So how can color transfer not be apparent in all products ?? I truly want to know. Unless you can truly measure it with a scope or tool, then I believe it to be a myth ... or as Bill offered a personal persception only.
    I would have to agree with that. Z5 used to be a milkish yellow if you remember the non-pro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12