autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Water spot eliminator?

I have found an interesting property when I used my Souveran paste wax over two coats of Wdgps.3.0 After the rain the car dried on its own and left absolutely no water spots.
    Has anyone else experienced this wonderful benefit?
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water spot eliminator?

I just put a second coat of souveran over 1 coat of "DGPS" yesterday, it is raining today. i will look tommorow to see if any water spots are present after the car dries and, let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unclestu View Post
    I have found an interesting property when I used my Souveran paste wax over two coats of Wdgps.3.0 After the rain the car dried on its own and left absolutely no water spots.
    Great Discovery Uncle Stu! I wonder if Souveran by itself would produce the same results or if it is the combination of the Souveran and WG dgps that produces this property. As you know I use lots of Souveran, but my Pony hides in the garage on rainny days; so I can't answer that question.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Extremely anxious to hear additional posts on this
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Nice! Extremely anxious to hear additional posts on this
    It is raining here in NJ and to my wife's displeasure I chose to leave the Escalade in the driveway. So I will be waiting to see what happens when the weather clears. If this is in fact true, and this characteristic lasts as long as a typical application of Souveran does, then AG better beef up their stock of Souveran.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the amount of time I spend QDing water spots, this discovery will add years to my life! And I'll be able to afford the wax from what I'll save from less QD!!

Post Thanks / Like

It is raining here in NJ and to my wife's displeasure I chose to leave the Escalade in the driveway. So I will be waiting to see what happens when the weather clears. If this is in fact true, and this characteristic lasts as long as a typical application of Souveran does, then AG better beef up their stock of Souveran.
    Well the rain has ended last night and when I awoke, as expected, the water was beaded up on the Escalade. I let it air dry on it's own, and I'm pleased to announce that once again the car has dried with no water spots. This is now the third incidence of rain since the application of the Souveran paste wax over the Wdgps3.0. The wax will have been on the car for one week as of today.
    I will continue to monitor this and keep you posted. As this all started as an observation after the fact and not a premeditated test I apologize for the lack of photos to document what is occurring.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Uncle Stu!

Post Thanks / Like

Well the rain turned to snow last night here in S.E. Pa., so i was unable to check for water spots today. I'll check on monday after the ice has melted off the car. Car is 2000 Ford Taurus, white, by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the rain has ended last night and when I awoke, as expected, the water was beaded up on the Escalade. I let it air dry on it's own, and I'm pleased to announce that once again the car has dried with no water spots. This is now the third incidence of rain since the application of the Souveran paste wax over the Wdgps3.0. The wax will have been on the car for one week as of today.
    I will continue to monitor this and keep you posted. As this all started as an observation after the fact and not a premeditated test I apologize for the lack of photos to document what is occurring.
    It has been raining here in FL all weekend. After I applied Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion I applied WGPS 3.0 then topped it with Dodo Orange Crush. Since I have applied both of these together there have been no water spots on the car also. But this can also be because the sun really hasn't been out in the past couple of days.

I also noticed that when using 2 layers of WGPS or WGPS + Wax it is much harder for contaminants to stick to the surface. Still like bird dropping, palm sap, and bug wash off with ease.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast